Did anyone else hear Jerry Falwell Call the Columbine Murderers "Homosexual"?

The story about Falwell having sex with his mother in an outhouse is from a Hustler advertisement parody. He tried to sue over it, but lost (if I remember correctly).

-Monte

“Oxen are slow, but the earth is patient.” – some Chinese guy

Mm… Giving famous dead people attributes they did not earn while alive is a favorite pastime of the powerful people in America. And so is putting words into the dead’s mouth. For the best damn example I can think of, go to www.godhatesfags.com . Find something about Matthew Shepard. Prepare to puke.

“If A=B, B=C, and C=D, do not get a job proofreading” --Quid’s Theorem

I see my crude attempt at subtle irony has failed.

Falwell is a first class A-hole. I wish I had pictures of him having sex with animals. Jesse Helms and Fred Phelps too, while we’re at it.
What’s up with Phelp’s site recently? I first saw it two years ago and he had a neat piece of clip art showing two stick figures engaged in sodomy, inside one of those “No-Smoking”-type crossed-out circles. A caption under it said “FAG SIN”. I wish I’d snatched that graphic while it was still up- he seems to have retired it. Now he’s got a new one, an animated GIF that shows Mathew Shepard’s face above a bunch of flames. It’s supposed to show Phelp’s vision of Shepard in “Dante’s Gay Inferno”, I guess. Apparently God doesn’t need any work to be done for Him in Westboro, because Phelps seems to have nothing better to do than run around the country with his congregation like some homophobic Flying Dutchman, picketing gay people’s funerals, riling people’s sensibilities, and exhibiting himself as a piss-poor example of Christianity wherever he goes.

Ya know, as a Christian, it’s people like this that make me ashamed that they carry the same name as I do! I think “Christian” is supposed to mean “Christ-like”. I sure don’t see the examples there.

Carpe Diem!