Did anyone watch Craig Ferguson's monologue just now?

I hope someone who’s not on dialup like I am can find the appropriate video/transcript.

He’s had praise threads in the past, but tonight he damn near brought me to tears talking about South African voters lined up for miles in 1984 and the Polish Solidarity vote in 1989, and the importance of casting a ballot.

The more I watch him the more I like the man.

The first free elections in South Africa were in 1994, not 1984.

Eh. I took a shot every time McCain said “my friends”. :stuck_out_tongue:

No but I did go look for it and ran across one of my favorites from him:

It’s the “why I won’t make fun of Britney Spears” episode.

I almost started a thread like this myself last night while I was listening to him. He was fantastic. Hope it gets up on YouTube.

Didn’t find last night’s yet, but here’s a link to one where he talks about the importance of voting (from early in September).

Are you going to be okay? :eek:

Thank goodness for DVR – I’ll have to check it out when I get home today.

Though I’ve tried watching some of his shows the past couple of weeks, since the last thread popped up regarding his monologue on voting, especially as an immigrant, and I gotta wonder: is he drunk all of the time or is that a Scottish thing?

He’s been a sober alcoholic for something like 10-15 years. Must be a Scottish thing, whatever that means.

I’m undecided about his “everyone should vote or they’re a moron” stance.

If you know nothing whatsoever about the issues, you might as well stay home.

Everyone eligible voting is nice on principle, but some people really shouldn’t bother because they haven’t the slightest idea what they’re voting for.

That was excellent as usual. Why can’t this guy be on at 6:00 so I can watch it? Change the name to Late Afternoon Show With Craig Ferguson. Oh yeah - I have a dvr. Never mind. :slight_smile:

I only had to watch Ferguson’s show once, and I have never watched Conan’s show since. Yeah, some of his stuff is silly and he gets a bit repetitious in his delivery, but he does usually have a “point” to his monologues, and he gets his point across with humor and a bit of an edge.

When Leno leaves in May, most likely Ferguson will be the only late night talk show I will make a point of watching.