Did Mr. Hanky's voice come from Mr. Show?

I was just watching Mr. Show and in season 1, episode 1 about halfway through, there’s a skit about a Globo-Chem board meeting where they show a mascot called Pit Pat. He/she has a voice so spot on to Mr. Hanky that I have to wonder if it might have been voiced by Trey Parker or it he heard it and it stuck in his head (or maybe he ripped it off, but I that doesn’t seem likely to me).

The amount of now famous people that were in this show before they were so known is way more than I remember. So a voice by Trey Parker wouldn’t suprise me at all.

If you have Tubi, Mr. Show is free with commercials. It’s a great rewatch for 90s nostalgia. I highly recommend.

Well, Parker doesn’t show up in the full IMDB cast/crew list for the show but I did find an interesting tidbit, that Justin Roiland used the voice of PitPat as the inspiration for Mr Meseeks in Rick and Morty so it’s not uncommon for voices to cross pollinate from one show to another.

They are both more or less parodies of corporate mascot characters that are lazy creations of out-of-touch executive committees designed to be as ambiguous and inoffensive as possible. Mr. Show goes the completely literal route, while South Park entirely subverts it. Either way, the male falsetto voice acting choice is the same; ask any random man to give you a “cartoon voice” and that’s probably the direction a vast majority will go.

Those “cartoony” voices (which includes a lot of other characters) all sound like they’re related to Mickey Mouse.

Who, I believe, goes back a ways…

Yea, I guess that it’s actually about the same voice as Towelie, also. Pit pat would have had to say “heidi-ho” or something like that.

(On a side note…)
What show was it that had the chocolate chip cookie guy that left the trail of chocolate chips that looked like little turds? Was that Arrested Development? Seems like maybe it was. It sounded so bland and boring until you got the visual of it.

Nothing To Lose, with Tim Robbins and Martin Lawrence.