Did the SDMB search hamster die, or is it me?

I haven’t been able to use the board search at all for a couple of days, it returns an error page every time. Is it finally dead, or is there hope for resurrection? I am aware of how to use Google to search the boards, but there are certain functions that are only available in the board search.

Anybody else notice this? I am using Google Chrome for Android on a Samsung Galaxy S9, Sultanstheme skin.

Just worked fine for me.

Anyone else having problems? If so, we’d like to know.

He’s not dead. He’s just pining for the fjords.

The search engine here has always been a bit wonky. For some people it works fine. For others, it fails almost constantly. There sometimes doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason as to why it fails.

The search engine has definite problems with some search terms. If you are searching for multiple terms, sometimes rearranging them will allow the search engine to work. Sometimes it won’t.

Since the search engine is built into the version of vBulletin that we are using, it’s not going to get fixed any time soon, unfortunately.

If the search engine just won’t work for you, the only help I can offer is to use google instead (which the OP already knows). For the benefit of others coming into this thread, you can find details here:
https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=638051

If you send me a PM with the terms you were searching for, I can see if they work on my end or if they are terms that the search engine just can’t handle.