Did you go back to any of your high school reunions?

Didn’t go to 10th. Didn’t go to 20th. I have no desire to spend my good $$$ to see people who made my life abysmal hell for 8 years. I don’t care if they all fall off the face of the earth.

Yes to 10, 25, 40th, We are known for predictability…

I had fun. Not a big class … Liked the same ones, disliked the same ones, indifferent to the same ones… changed the list around some. We don’t do the $$$ dinners but have parties and get-togethers over a weekend with maybe a tour for those who have been gone a long time.

I graduated from an ‘alternative’ high school, and my graduating class was only 40 people. Our school doesn’t hold an anniversary type reunion, but every year they have a reunion open to all alumni of any year (all what, couple hundred of us or so?).

I didn’t see a single person I knew other than faculty, and most of them didn’t remember me, but it was fun to go back and see what the school has done for so many people.

My husband and I had a blast. We drank wine and danced until my feet were sore!

Sadly, they don’t have reunions for getting a GED. So I guess I won’t be going.

Too funny. my frosh year, I was such a geek, but by the next year, I became quite the salesman. Most of my classmates probably don’t remember me, 'cept for the ones that forgot to pay for goods delivered, but I honestly have no desire to re-live that time. I had two close friends back then, and to this day, we still remain the same. IMHO, a reunion is nothing more than seeing who was right about whom.

I’ve been out of HS for six years, and even though I wasn’t exactly the most popular flavor of ice cream in my graduating class, there are enough people that I’d like to run into again to make it worthwhile.

Plus, I’ve got a list of six or seven people who I imagine are probably incarcerated for setting something (or someone) on fire, and I’d like to know if anyone can confirm my suspicions.

Mine was a graduating class of 20.

For some reason, an 11 year reunion was organised last year in October. I asked the girl who put it together if she would change it to November because I was going to be in the country then for my brother’s wedding. Unfortunately, she said no, even though three other people asked the same thing. So some of my friends boycotted in protest.

Like many of you, I am still in contact with the people who count (my good friends). But I just wanted to go back and see which of the popular kids had screwed up their lives.

Obviously I wasn’t the most popular kid in school…

Mr. Adoptamom and I attended his 25th together and had a wonderful time. It was fun to match faces with the guys I’d heard him talk about all these years. His school also does the open reunion, with special honors to those classes celebrating a significant year.

My 20th was a couple of few years ago and we attended it as well. I didn’t really want to go, because I was one of those “fringe” people … never really in any particular group, but on the fringes of several. I’m glad we went, it was alot of fun and very well put together. It was refreshing to see that our class sweethearts (two different sets!) were still happily married. I won the “most kids” recognition, which was surprising to alot of people I went to school with since I was a wild and crazy gal in high school and they never imagined me “settled” with wild and crazy kids of my own.

We’ll probably attend future reunions.

I went to my tenth.

But then, the only reunion my class has HAD was the tenth.

Which means I’ve been to ALL of them!

There’s a group planning a 25th - not the group consisting of the class officers (who we’re fairly sure are now in jail as part of the Enron scam or some such thing…)

The tenth was interesting, I guess. Only about 1/4 of the class actually showed up. We were all 28 and still a little full of ourselves, frankly. It was entertaining in one regard to have people comment on how much I still looked like my yearbook picture (I never was sure if I should have taken that as an insult or not)

So in general, it was an evening of music and booze and talk and just hanging out with old friends, many of whom had absolutely nothing in common anymore. Pretty average, I suppose.

I did get to have sex with two people I had always wanted to, however. That’s always nice :slight_smile:

Considering that my graduating class consisted of four people, we haven’t had a reunion yet. Before I graduated, there was talk of an all-school reunion in the future, but this idea has long since been discarded out of general lack of interest.

Our 10th sucked because we had a lousy venue, mediocre chow, the wrong kind of music, and poor organization. I just hope they can get it right for the 20th, coming up soon.

Most of my friends were either a year older, or a year younger than I was…not that I didn’t like people in my graduating class, I just never really hung out with them much so I never went to any of the reunions (too far, too much money to travel that far to see people I hardly knew.)
Only recently have they started to invite 3-4 years of classes together…but to be honest, what is the point? I still keep in touch with some hometown friends - most have moved to all points in the world. But to go back and see the cheerleader has gained 150 pounds and Mr. Popular sells used cars would do nothing for my ego.
If you want to take a real walk down memory lane, drink a six pack and look through your old high school yearbooks…the memories will come flooding back and that oughta be enough to satisfy any nagging feeling of nostalgia.

By the way…I once registerd on Classmates.com (or whatever it is called). Boy was that a mistake…I got a couple of emails from people but for the most part, I got about 500 emails from Classmates.com every month. I have since changed email addresses and won’t make that mistake again.

I was another of those “fringe people”. OK, I was the short, skinny kid with thick glasses who never dated in high school. I hated it. I don’t know wether or not there was a 5 year, skipped the 10 year reunion.

20 was last summer and (just to live up to my username) I took my friend Katrina, the hottest, sexiest, wildest 20-year old girl I know. All the other geeks were really impressed, so I told them the truth, that we’re just friends. I let the “popular” people from my class think that whatever they wanted.

It was kinda too bad, because the one guy I really wanted to see from high school didn’t show up.

I did get ‘revenge’ on one guy, the guy who gave me a swirley by giving him the romanticized version of my wanderings & then, when he was questioning never having left the home town, telling him in a condescending voice not to be too hard on himself, he hadn’t done that bad. The guy married his high school sweetheart, (she’s still a beautiful woman) and now owns a used car lot, so he’s much higher on the ‘success’ ladder than myself.

My 20th is coming up soon, and there was a 10th ten years ago that I did not go to. I thought about going to it, but the admission price was more than what the Grateful Dead were charging for concert tickets at the time. I had a pretty dismal high school experience, so I figured I was not going to spend more to go to a HS reunion than I would spend for an evening with people I actually like…that is, Jerry Garcia, the rest of the band, and my fellow Deadheads.

I did the free registration at classmates, but I flat out refuse to pay any money to them. So, I am not able to post on many of the message boards. I was able to post on some of the ones for the reunion, and posted several somewhat bizarre ramblings that read like something off the back of a circa-1965 Bob Dylan album.

I caught all kinds of hell in high school. I was different, dyed my hair funky colors, listened to punk rock, etc. That wasn’t something they understood in my little town. I was attractive, but never had a date from my own school. It was hell.

So I decided to go to the 10 year reunion to show off a bit. I got a fabulous black dress that showed off all the right parts, did my hair up, and grabbed a gorgeous date who dressed like a rockstar for the event. We had a blast. I got to see all the “popular” people who have gotten fat, and watch them react to me. A few of the guys came up to me with the line, “Well, I always wanted to talk to you in high school, but you know…”

A few people really were successful, including this one guy who had been a geek. It was great to see that he’s doing better than the snobbish assholes who still live in the smalltown. Good to see a few other people, but nothing too exciting.

I’m with Legomancer on this.
A few years after I graduated, I found myself in a social situation with a classmate. I think we had spoken maybe once, as she was the popular cheerleader type and I…wasn’t. Surprisingly enough, she immediately knew me and clung to my side throughout the evening. I am still shaking my head at that one.

Hated, hated, hated, hated, hated high school.

Would be unlikely to ever go if it was free.

Fork over $$$ to go? Never.

My 10-year was in 1999. I pretty much disliked almost everyone I went to high school with, and the feeling was mutual…but I was certainly considering going. I thought it might be fun to see everyone. My folks still live in my hometown, and the people from high school that I see around are usually friendly and glad to see me, and vice versa. So, I was thinking of going just for the heck of it.

But then I got the invitation. It was something like $100 a head and it wasn’t even in my hometown. It was at a hotel or something way out on the island. (Long Island) I discussed it with my best friend from H.S., and we decided that the $400 plus travel that it would have cost us and our husbands, we could do something much more fun. So I didn’t go, and I don’t regret it. I’ll consider going to my 20th.

There’ve been two reunions, I think, and I avoided both of them like the plague. I hated high school; loathed it, wished the place would burn down and the ground be sown with salt. So, no, I didn’t have any warm fuzzy memories to recapture or even any curiosity to satisfy.

Oddly enough the second reunion was organized by one of closest school friends, another classic outsider. Go figure. (She’s still a really neat person; we’ve just processed time differently.) I’ve run into a few folks since and that was…okay. They seemed to have turned out to be nice people. But essentially they were just casually met strangers. Who they are now was a helluva lot more interesting than any school-related dreck.

I moved on a loooong time ago, with no impetus to go back.

Veb

Not going, Never, there was a 5 year, 10 year, didn’t go. Will never go, don’t care when and where the reunion is. I am not/nor ever want to see the people who made my High School Years - basically shit. I couldn’t wait to move away and never go back there ever Again.

The only way I would want to go back to a HS reunion, is to see that everyone who made my time horrible, is to see that they are Hopefully Fat, got 5 kids, Unhappily Married, Working a Job That They Hate, and Still Living In That Hell-Hole, I escaped from.