Did you know the Swedish Crown Princess got married yesterday (Saturday)?

It was on the front page of Wikipedia, so I saw it.

I’m in the US, but my only source of news is the SDMB essentially. It took a few days to filter its way here apparently. So I didn’t know (and chose ‘no’), but now I do!

U.S. – yep, it was on the front page of the paper (in a little corner that said, "read in section such and such).

Yes, but just by chance. I went to Ikea to pick up a few things and they were giving out this cake thing to celebrate it.

Thanks for the link! That was lovely! I like weddings and they don’t have to be royal.

Yes - lots of photos in the paper here in Australia.

I saw something on a news website, may have been a local Australian news site, about her marrying her personal trainer, who looked a bit of a dork in the picture I saw.

But anyway, yes, I did know about it.

Yes, it was televised here in the Netherlands. probably because one of our princesses was a bridesmaid. I can’t believe more than a million people watched while the Football was also on!!

Yup, but I’m in scandinavia, so…

No, but I never look at a Lecturas, Hola, Diez Minutos, Qué Me Dices or any other glossies unless it’s the only print at the dentist’s or the hairdresser’s. I’m reasonably sure that if I hopped over to the nearest newskiosk right now, she’ll be on most covers. I also have spent the weekend fixing up my house and haven’t watched or read any news at all.

I’m in Spain.

Nope. From western Canada. I don’t know anything at all about Sweden.

I’m from Norway and I had no idea.

Pictures from the wedding were posted on Project Rungay. The site is mostly a place for snarking on fashion, so most of us were there to just look at how the wedding party & guests dressed.

General consensus: She looked beautiful & happy, the groom looked like Clark Kent–which is not a bad thing. The Scandinavians seem to take that royal thing less seriously than the Brits. (Poor Diana, the sacrificial virgin.)

UK; a Finnish co-worker of my partner mentioned she was surprised at the lack of coverage here… I hadn’t heard about it beforehand.

No. USA.

I hadn’t watched TV, been on a computer, or read a newspaper the past 4 days.

I just looked at a picture of the princess. I was totally expecting her to have blond hair.

No idea, but I’ve been 1,000 miles from home helping a friend move, and with minimal access to TV and the internets.

Also, a bikini. And pigtails.

UK here, and yes, only because I was listening to BBC Radio 2 on Saturday and they were interviewing the Swedish singer Robyn. They kept asking her questions about the wedding to which she eventually replied "To be honest, I really don’t want to talk about it, I don’t care and I’m sick of it’.

They reported in the Observer on Sunday that 500 million people watched in live. Really??!!

750 million watched Charles and Di get married. It was, at the time, the most-watched television broadcast in history.

Yes. I live in California, near San Francisco.

Saw a vague mention on the internet, then saw a full article, with picture, in the newspaper the next day.

Nope. US. In my defense, I usually don’t know about my own country’s celebrity weddings, either.