Did you know this?

Did you know that on boxes of Reynolds aluminum foil and Saran Wrap plastic wrap there are tabs to push in on the ends? After doing so, the roll won’t jump out and onto the floor when you are pulling.

I did not know that until I heard it on the radio this morning.

What are some other cool things about products to share?

I was 29 years old the day my husband asked me why I was shaking the toaster upside down over the trash can.

“It’s full of crumbs!” I said.

“Why don’t you just open the little trapdoor on the bottom of it?” he asked.

:confused:

:eek:

:smack:

I’ll be damned if there wasn’t a little trapdoor on the bottom of the toaster! I was even more amazed when my husband informed me that most toasters had had this feature for years. Who knew!

Well, I’ll be hornswaggled in possum grease…

I’m not going to search, but this has already been a topic here on SDMB.

How about the bracket on the inside of your gasoline trap door that acts as a holder for your gas cap whilst filling? It took me a few weeks to realize that one.

In the cars that I drive the cap is always attached to the tank by a cord.

The bracket is still there on the ones with the cord. It helps to keep the gas and/or cap from getting on the paint.

Most modern cars also have an arrow on the gas gauge which points to the side of the car the fuel port is on.

Stranger

Theres a door on the bottom of the toster?
Little flaps on plastic wrap?

Why do more people not know about these?

Bad marketing executives that forget a product feature.

That reminds me, I need to buy some aluminum foil.

Well, I sure didn’t know about the flaps. But apparently my wife did. Both sides are already pushed in. I wonder why they don’t add that step to the packaging process. I guess it keeps the foil clean during shipping?

Or no arrow but the “gas” picture is on the same side as the fuel port.

I think this is an urban myth, I’ve heard it before but it’s not the case in my 2004 Toyta Camry.

I found the tabs on the foil box when I was a kid and pushed them in. Then my mom complained at me that the foil was too hard to pull out of the box. I didn’t push them in anymore.

The color of the plastic clip that secures the bag surrounding your loaf of bread indicates the day that it was put on the shelf.

Around here most of them are just plain white, but the date is printed on them.

They don’t advertise the little flaps because no matter what you do with saran wrap it will be a pain in the ass.

:mad: I hate saran wrap…

I think this is only on rental cars.

Last night, I figured out how to adjust the resistance on the stationary bike I was riding at the Y. For the past week, I’ve been about ready to give up because it seemed so easy that it hardly seemed worth it. Last night, I was messing around with the functions and discovered it (even though one of the employees had showed me how to use it before I started and hadn’t mentioned this function).

Of course, now it’s much more difficult to do, but I keep telling myself that’s a good thing. :dubious:

I picked up my car in March 2008, got to a petrol station, no petrol cap ::eek::

Drove back to saleroom where I was informed that my particular model did not come with one.

Instead it has a thingy inside the petrol tank which will only allow the nozzle of a petrol filler in.

In the toolbox is a plastic thingy shaped like a nozzle should I ever have to fill from a can