Director of VW Commercial?

I love this commercial even though I’ve seen it a dozen times or more. Does anyone know who directed it? Surely there must be some place online to find out the directors of commercials.

Which commercial? Anyway, Arnold Worldwide is the current ad agency for VW, and a Google search on “arnold volkswagen” turns up a number of industry-related websites, which may lead you to your answer.

And for general information, you can VW’s commercials on their web site, though no directorial credits are shown.

Oops. Sorry I forgot to mention the specific one. “Bubble Boy” (Mr. Blue Sky).

I’ll try Arnold Worldwide. Thanks.

According to Adweek, the director for “Bubble Teaser” was Mike Mills. (I have no idea if it’s the same Mike Mills who’s in R.E.M.) Adweek’s a good place to find info on credits for good commercials, but they’re often a few weeks behind.

There’s a good discussion of the commercial in a recent Slate article.

Thanks. I hadn’t heard of Mike Mills before.

I did a little research, and if this is the same guy, he was a graphic designer, has done a number of music videos (of course), a couple of shorts, and is working on a feature called “Thumbsucker” with Keanu Reeves, Scarlett Johannson, & Tilda Swinton.

The director of the VW little Darth commercial is Lance Accord. He has been a director of photography for a number of Spike Jonez films including Being John Malkovich and Where the Wild Things Are.

that’s helpful, but the OP was talking about a commercial from eight years ago.