Dirty laundry? Mr and Mrs Netanyahu accused of taking dirty clothes on sate trips to be cleaned for free

This just seems petty..

“The Netanyahus are the only ones who bring actual suitcases of dirty laundry for us to clean,” the paper quoted an unnamed US official as saying. “After multiple trips, it became clear this was intentional.”

And the kicker

Two years previously, the prime minister successfully launched a legal bid to have his domestic laundry bills remain private

Now I know most politicians are the type who will take anything that isn’t nailed down and many things that are, but I thought the Israelis were more…egalitarian on this. They threw a President in jail for sexual assault, back before #metoo made it cool to do so.

So now they’re washing their dirty linen in public? :grinning:

Compared to that family’s other ethics charges this one is kind of endearing.

This seems really disturbing to me.

I mean, on some level I get it. If I were a broke-ass cultural attache with $600k in student loans, you bet I’d do my laundry at work and not shell out for a washer/dryer.

It’s kind of disturbing to know that a head of state is doing everything in his power to grift a few hundred bucks here and there. Whether it’s because Bibi really needs that money, or he is just compulsively on the take… it’s disturbing.

Oy vey :man_facepalming:

That does seem odd.
I wonder if it is disinformation, or an exaggeration.

On the face of it this seems so ridiculous that one wonders if the story has been planted by a Netanyahu supporter in order to distract attention away from more serious allegations. I mean, is this really the biggest problem facing Israel right now?

Underpantsgate?

A matter as delicate as this needs the correct spin.

Right. Don’t want to get hung out to dry on this.

This is embarrassing. Like if Trump were caught shoplifting Oreos when he could just buy a warehouse of them.

I’m not sure I should say anything because for all I know, they are both performing “performance art” to advance the ideology that they both hold dear.