Disney+ appreciation thread

Growing up, I was always a huge fan of Disney, Pixar, and Star Wars, and now I’ve got access to all this great content on one app, for one low monthly fee, without ever having to worry about the Disney Vault again. I love it. I’m watching Aladdin now, just because I want to.

Yeah it’s pretty nuts the amount of content they have on there. Even if they didn’t have Star Wars and Marvel, Disney + would be a worthwhile service for lots of people.

I started watching Disney cartoon movies that I had never seen before on Netflix, not long before Disney + came around. They really are all spectacular movies, aren’t they?!

Disney+ is the only streaming service that clearly is worth the price. Netflix is on the edge. I haven’t seen any others that convince me to subscribe.

I’ve been going through and watching every Simpsons Halloween special.

I bought the three years up front for about $4 a month and honestly, it’s got a TON of stuff and worth every penny.

My kids and us have watched all the Marvel movies(had to get disc for Spider-man) and all the Star Wars stuff. And all of Gravity Falls. And so many more things.

Secrets of Sulphur Springs is a great Disney Channel mystery series, one of the best Disney Channel series I’ve ever seen, with a real sense of mystery and danger. I watched the entire thing in one sitting on Disney+ late one Saturday night.

Now that Loki is over, we’re currently watching:

MODOK
Monsters At Work
The Mysterious Benedict Society

Also, Disney+ enabled me to actually bingewatch the entirety of Phineas and Ferb during lockdown.

Yes, I am actually a grown man.

ETA: We’re not actually watching shows in alphabetical order. It just weirdly worked out that way above.

Nitpick: MODOK is actually a Hulu Original. It’s not available through Disney+ (I’m guessing you’ve got the bundle that includes both Hulu and Disney+).

For the D+ Original material, I’ve enjoyed The Mysterious Benedict Society, Big Shot, The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers, WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and Loki. I loved The Mandalorian. I also appreciate access to some old favorites like Gargoyles, Kim Possible, Clone Wars (the micro-series and the later CGI animated series), and Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. Plus of course the back catalog of Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars movies. I’ve also watched a few NatGeo documentaries I liked.

Overall, it’s been more than worth it to me. I thought their initial roll-out of original programming was lacking (the DC Universe streaming service had a more ambitious original line-up out of the gate), but I think it’s more than caught up now.

I’m in the UK. A lot of Hulu stuff turns up on other streaming services here, including MODOK which is definitely on Disney+.

It’s the Muppet Show! Yaaaaay!

The new Muppets Now, on the other hand, meh.

I revisited one of the funniest movies of all-time, The Great Muppet Caper, a couple days ago. I particularly love the scene in which an in-character argument between Kermit and Miss Piggy, in which they’re arguing about Piggy lying to Kermit about being Lady Holiday, devolves into an out-of-character argument about Piggy’s overacting.

I enjoyed rewatching The Gummi Bears so much I wrote a live-action screenplay for a feature film revival!

I was lucky enough to have my nephew generously bung me a Disney+ subscription. :sunglasses:

I started binge-watching with ‘The Falcon + the Winter Soldier’, am currently on to ‘the Mandalorian’, with ‘WandaVision’ and ‘Loki’ to come. :heart_eyes:

Pixar fans should check out Pixar’s first original series, Monsters at Work, a sequel series to Monsters, Inc. They got Billy Crystal, John Goodman, and Jennifer Tilly to reprise their roles as Mike, Sulley, and Celia, and it focuses on a whole new group of characters, the technical crew, called MIFT.

Just watched the Disney±available documentary on the Sherman Brothers The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story - Wikipedia which was very good.

Bumping to let everyone know that the original 1950s TV series of Zorro dropped very recently, and that it holds up very well in 2022. Mom and I have been binge-watching it every day.

I’ve watched a few of those with my wife - they were fun.

Did you know that Disney had a movie with one of the longest titles? It was The One and Only, Genuine Original Family Band.

I bought 3 years when it was originally offered 3 years ago. It’s time to re-up. If anyone happens to come across a good deal, post it here. I’m really afraid I won’t be able to find anything that isn’t an ESPN bundle which is completely wasted on me

We’re just after watching Rosaline - smart, funny, acting, terrific cinematography and costumes. (It’s a FOX production, yet)- Disenchanted and Willow (sequel) coming out in November.

Andor is like a blueprint of what Star Wars should have been & will be going forward.

Only Murders, Jeff Bridges in Old Man … good stuff

I’m loyal to Warner Brothers and Bugs Bunny. Disney owns the IP of The Simpsons, so following on I look forward to the feature length version of Scratchtasia