DMB fans...

Some questions.

1)How many of you have Listener Supported? I’m wondering if I should get it. What songs are on it? I’ve got UTTAD, Crash and BTCS, so if there’s nothing spectacular on it, the money can be better spent on other discs.

2)There’s a live version of “Ants Marching” that I love. It was out before Live at Red Rocks, so I was wondering if it was on Remember Two Things?

3)Do any of you know when/if they are going back out on tour? Their site only says they’re not on the road right now.

We interrupt this thread to increase
dramatic tension.

Hoo boy…Flypper, you KNEW I’d answer this thread.

1. I like Listener Supported. It has the best version of “Granny” and “Two Step” I’ve heard in a while, plus some of the earlier stuff. However, given what you have…I’d buy Remember Two Things first. Hell, if you wanted to wait 2 weeks, I can bring the CDs up to Spiffled for you. Speaking of which…did you want to tape the bootlegs I have? Hell, for live performances, I like the bootlegs better anyway. If you’re lucky, you can find them on EBay pretty cheaply.

2. The live version I keep hearing on the radio is (I think) off of Red Rocks. Even though it came out after they were playing the song…it just doesn’t sound like the version I have on Remember Two Things.

3. They usually go on tour every summer. I don’t know when they’ll post the schedule though. I’m in the fan club, so when I find out, I can let you know… Also, June should be the release date for the next live CD.

“You are sweet, kind, and considerate… Like a grown up boy scout with tits!”

• Brian, aka SDMB’s one and only Satan.

Oh. I thought this was for fans of the Domination Message Board!

Nevermind.

< Leaves furtivly, stuffing whips and handcuffs into his coat pockets >

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

I bought Listener Supported and really don’t care for it. I like the version of PNP/Rapunzel and a few others are decent but for the most part it sounds like syrupy new age jazz. I’m a bigger pfan of the DM/Tim Reynolds acoustic stuff.

I can’t figure out their choices of shows to release- I’ve got several of the live shows from the Luther College tour and that LC show is probably the weakest one.

I’m really not a fan of Listener Supported. In all probability, I would be, except that right before it came out I got a couple of bootlegs from summer 99 (the Giants Stadium shows–I was at the second one) that blew it away. LS didn’t really offer any new perspectives on the songs, or any virtuouso stuff that really blew me away. I was disappointed that they didn’t have more guests there…when the event was originally scheduled (meaning the concert and the PBS broadcast), it was billed as “Dave Matthews Band and Friends.” They were supposed to get all kinds of people out there to play with them (Bela Fleck etc.), but it didn’t really materialize. Whatever, I bought it anyway, cause I’m a listener and supporting them.

The version of Ants on R2T is really kind of bland. It doesn’t have the energy of the Red Rocks version, which is one of the best I’ve ever heard (discounting when I’ve been there for it, which is another dimention entirely). R2T is not for the faint of heart when it. If you’re a casual DMB fan, you probably won’t really dig it that much.

The band is in the studio now. No info has been released as far as what the new album will be called, or if any old songs will be on it. A few weeks ago I heard that Dave had written 9 new songs (almost an album’s worth, figuring that two or three concert faves will be on it). The album is on schedule and is planned to be released in May or thereabouts. The band will probably start touring again about the same time.

If you want to keep good tabs on the band, go to http://www.dmbml.com. Subscribe to the mailing list. It’s a pretty good and reliable source of info about tours, studio work, TV/radio appearances, and solo/independent projects of the members.

The IQ of a group is equal to the IQ of the dumbest member divided by the number of people in the group.

What the hell was I thinkin’? That should be “R2T is not for the faint of heart.” I have no idea where those other two words came from.

The IQ of a group is equal to the IQ of the dumbest member divided by the number of people in the group.