Do black people like fried ice cream?

No, no, no. You’re thinking of soylent verde.

Apparently I’m far too yella for my in-laws to realize, until last week, that I’m Black at all. So either I’ma start me a Hi-Yella contingent (NO on country music, YES on fried ice cream, and a solid tie on powdered-sugar bacon), or I’m going to start speaking for six-toed Irish Buddhists.

Who doesn’t?!? Yum!

DRAWN TOGETHER taught me that black people totally love menthol & grape flavor combined!
working to creat grape julep soda…

Not all of them are good at math. I made sure to sit next to the Chinese guy in algebra class in high school so I could cheat off him, but I ended up failing because it turned out he was Filipino.

I always thought fried ice cream was white trash food. Isn’t “fried” the main food group of white trash? My cousin (I mean my sister I mean my cousin I mean my sister I mean my cousin I mean my sister) once made me fried foodstamps. Yum.

Holy crap! And I thought deep fried twinkies were bad news. Hmm. I wonder if this place serves them for desert?

I now see a restaurant with a big picture of Homer Simpson hanging over every table admonishing the diners to “butter that bacon!” and “bacon up that sausage!”

My heart hurts just to think about it.

Damn you for stealing my line. You know, now that you mention it, the ONLY time I’ve had fried ice cream was at Mexican restaurants. And if you want deep fried goodness come to my neighborhood for a [url=http://xo.typepad.com/blog/2005/02/the_hamdog_and_.html] Hamdog or a Luther Burger[/ulr]

And you yella skins cost too much.

I learned it from Leadbelly.

Don’t be silly.

They’ve switched to winning hot dog eating contests.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/14/health/main673897.shtml

damn coding

No problem. You can just work it off afterwards with some swimming.

You’re right. Let’s sit back and relax with a nice, healthy piece of watermelon.

I got that at the fair last summer.

E.

I’d try it.
I once saw a little special on the local PBS affiliate about diners in PA. At one they offered a hot dog, wrapped in raw bacon which was then deep-fried, then served on a bun with cheese.

I swear, my arteries almost peed themselves.

Every artery in my body just slammed shut in horror. But my mouth is saying “Mmmmm!”

or dancing ::jazz hands::

Will that be deep-fried watermelon?

:stuck_out_tongue:

You ruined the joke because you didn’t get it.

I’m white and I loathe them in all their incarnations. Call them pancakes, flapjacks, crepes, blinis…whatever; they are all Satan’s asswipes.

On a marginally serious note - I went to an obscure university, of which the student body was dominated by two groups: 1. backwater rural white kids, usually the first in their family to attend college, who had never been in the same room with anyone of a different race in their life and 2. Inner city Detroit black kids, usually the first in their family to attend college, who had very little contact with anyone outside of their own race in their entire life.

One might think this was a recipe for disaster. In fact, the opposite seemed to be true - while both groups tended to keep to themselves, there was quite a bit of interaction. By senior year, few people still cared what group they belonged to.

I witnessed more than one initial interaction between groups - two kids would sit next to each other at a party, eye each other uncomfortably, awkwardly strike up a conversation. By the end of the week they would be best friends. What I can tell you without a doubt is that the initial breaking of barriers starts with exactly the kind of stupid ass questions that are alluded to in the OP. That’s why I like to see these kinds of questions - dumb as they are, they’re indicative of ignorance finally dissolving.

FWIW - I’m always jealous of anyone who can spend the entire day in the sun without getting a sunburn. Take my word for it - sunblock is icky, annoying stuff, and always having to carry it around is a pain.