Do most women enjoy receiving oral sex?

I love it when it’s done right, and hate it when it’s not.

Don’t you wean countries (cuntries?)

You might be my wife, except your 1 kid and probably 10 years short. In her case, oral has gone from a necessary preliminary to orgasm, to totally unwanted. I can not remember the last time she let me do it. In fact, at this point I’d say she’s like Litoris, only more so.

A positive aspect of videogames that so rarely enters discussions in the newspapers and TV. :frowning:

This is me.

I don’t have any major objections, mind you. It just doesn’t do anything for me. I’m sure my cooter is lovely, fragrant and tasty, I don’t have any sexual hang-ups, there’s nothing wrong with my partner’s technique, and I’m not particularly embarassed by it - it just doesn’t really light my fire (so to speak). I find anything more than a couple of minutes’ worth to be just annoying, and anything more than 5 minutes to be edging perilously close to “too much stimulation, becoming sore as hell” territory - which never happens for me with penetration-style intercourse.

It’s just a preference for me, really. I don’t really mind oral sex, but given my druthers, I’d just as soon skip it and get to the penetration parts, thanks all the same. I like it better. Why spend valuable sex time doing something I find meh when I can do the things I really like?

Masters and Johnson found that some women (not many) don’t like direct stimulation of the clitoris. For them, it’s uncomfortable or even painful to have the clit itself licked. I once bedded one of those, and her problem meant she rarely had orgasms.

I’ve been pondering for half an hour how to write the next part. It is probably TMI, so I’ll do a spoiler box.

Yet another rewrite; I’l try to be brief and, uh, clinical. I met the challenge by very gently stimulating everything but the clit, and indirectly stimulating it. I found every other erogenous zone I could reach, and finally, she got off. It took quite a while, and I couldn’t speak clearly for several hours.

Now I seriously wonder if this thread would have been better off without post 27. I apologize to those who feel it was a mistake.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but not every vagina smells like lilacs and daisies.

Of course not. It smells like risotto.

And yet, those are usually the women who insist on oral, no? Look, we all know that not everyone is clean or smell of lilacs and daisies (ok, you know what, if my vajayjay starts reeking of daisies, lemme know, kk? Cuz daisies STINK!), but this thread is about why women don’t want oral, not why men don’t want to give oral. Oh yeh, and we already know not to trust anything that bleeds for 3 days and doesn’t die, so you don’t have to remind us of that, either :slight_smile:

Well, if they did, I’d qualify that as bad! (I hate flowery perfumey scents; I’m a citrus fan myself.) No, of course not everyone is Springtime Fresh, but most of the ones who fear they are nasty tend towards to ultra-cleanliness behavior out of that very fear. A healthy and clean vulva should have no *unpleasant *odor at all, *any *time of the month.

And yes, of course there are #4s: just not that into it. But since the OP asked about “most” women, I do think it’s fair to say that “most” American, Canadian and European women enjoy receiving oral sex. But that’s an IMHO, please don’t ask for a cite!

And I also agree that if your wife doesn’t like it, and continues to not like it after being assured that you enjoy it and don’t consider it a chore, then of course you oughtn’t press the issue. But I do think it puts her in a minority - there’s just nothing wrong with that.

Eh, for every smelly vag there’s some funky spunk.

When it’s good, it can be very, very good. But since the technique is difficult to master, I generally prefer manual.

I spent many years philandering and the only woman I can recall that had reservations was my first wife. She led a fairly sheltered life and was raised a strict Catholic. She was 25 when we got married and she’d never even heard of cunnilingus before I introduced her to it. She quickly learned to enjoy it. As AskNott implies, it requires finesse.

Yep. I will never, ever ask for a blowjob but won’t complain if my partner gives me one. I’d much rather have sex, though.

Bill?

Ditto.

It’s almost painful when done wrong. And where I am not completely comfortable with my body, there have been 1 or 2 that I have dated where I was. Being able to relax and shut off my self conscious mind made what was already good, even better.

I enjoy it very, very much, but oddly, I can understand why some women wouldn’t. I can understand body hangups and worries about odour. I try to forget the former, and as for the latter, before sex commences, I like to, well, wash the girly bits. Then I can relax and enjoy it.

THANK you. Well said. :cool:

I understand the argument that “it’s just not some women’s thing” and that they might not find it to be the holy grail of sexual indulgences, but I’d also argue that there’s a not insignificant proportion of that group who indeed simply have not had the right scenario present itself. Even some women who would deny that this is the case might just require a especially unconventional technique or might require a different emotional involvement.

Some women who don’t enjoy it with their husbands, by no fault of his own, might enjoy it in a casual or taboo context. They may or may not be aware of this possibility.

For women who specifically dislike it or find it completely unrewarding I’m left to wonder if they dislike masturbation and/or vibrators. You’d guess that if they are able to fully enjoy one type of clitoral stimulation it follows that there’s something beyond the purely physical impeding their enjoyment of this type. It’s not like a wet tongue is much different than a wet fingertip.