Do you carry your cell phone everywhere?

Always, 24/6, but never on the Sabbath, so I voted ‘Other.’ I don’t generally have it on my person while I’m at home, but we don’t have a landline, so I try to keep it where it’ll be in earshot.

Not water proof so not in the shower.
Got one because my mother was ill and I had to be available. Got in the habit.
Since I no longer fly for a living, it is my phone & clock. I wish it had better range and no camera.

I want smaller & lighter & work better, not weigh more and do stuff I don’t want it to do.

I want hands free, voice activated, direct to head bone audio as I do not like things in my ear with sound quality in & out so as to be usable over loud chopper pipes noise while in a running gun fight. Now that would be a phone I could get behind…

It lives in my purse, which means that I’m carrying it when I’m out. At home, the purse is usually way at the other end of the house. At a friend’s house, the purse is usually by the front door.

My voicemail message actually says something about don’t bother leaving me a message, I probably won’t check it for days, so just call the house number.

My cell phone is my business phone, and I always want to be available to answer clients’ calls. I also have five kids who need to be able to call/text me at anytime. It is my little ball-and-chain.

It is also the only alarm clock I trust, so yes, 24/7 is about right.

I always take it with me when I leave the house for work or any other reason…when I’m at home it just sits on the charger. I dislike carrying it on my person for any reason…while at work I just leave it on my desk, or when in the car, on the seat next to me…I ain’t wearing that thing on my hip. It aggravates me enough as it is with people calling/texting stuff that’s mostly meaningless.

I have a pay-as-you-go phone in the car, just in case I break down. For all practical purposes though, I don’t really have a cell. No one knows the number (I guess I have it somewhere) and it is almost never on. I turn it on once a month or so to be sure it has a charge.

I do not understand the purpose of a cell phone that is turned off. You are paying regardless. That is the same as you unplugging your house phone when you are not expecting a call or do not need to dial out. Just leave it on the standby times now a days are over 10 days long. Landlines are a waste of money.

I said Other. My cell phone lives in my car. I’m not allowed to take it into work. On very rare occasions, I’ll put it in my purse and carry it with me - like when I was at a conference out of state. But the main reason I have it is in case of emergency on the road.

Stored music, streaming radio, Google Maps, internet access, and I can even call somebody if I need to. It’s just too useful not to have with me 24/7.

it is my phone, my calendar, my phonebook, and my books - i have over a thousand books loaded onto it.

Every. Waking. Moment.

And I keep it beside me when I sleep.

Now of course I don’t spend every waking moment actually using it, but it is always with me if I need it.

What you said. I really don’t use it for making calls, though.

I leave mine on at home, but in the charger. Landlines are still imortant for people that don’t get good reception at home. From my experience, even in areas with so called good reception, the voice quality still sucks. It’s like talking on a CB. Not something I like when on a long phone call.

I have only a cell phone, Always on unless I’m in class

I don’t take it to the bathroom. Otherwise, it’s always near me and always on. No landline.

This pretty much me, except I have it in normal vibrate mode. I can’t really afford not to have it on. My business depends on the telephone and email. When I’m at home it usually is lying around on a table somewhere, not on my person.

When I first got a cell phone in 1999 or 2000, I went kicking and screaming into the mobile telephony age. Now, I can’t imagine my life without one.

Almost everywhere. If I take a walk or walk my dog, I almost never take it. In the house, I put it down and it stays wherever I put it. (I don’t have a land line.) Do people actually walk around the house carrying their phone? Also, when I go to the gym, I leave it in my purse in my trunk. At night I leave it in the living room because otherwise the blinking light drives me crazy when I’m trying to sleep. Otherwise, it’s nearby.

It’s always near me, unless I’ve forgotten it in my car or at home. I don’t actually use it much, though.

It’s in the bedroom plugged in. I do take it whenever I leave the house. Although they banned cellphones in our building at work because of a couple of incidents of gross stupidity, so I leave it in the car during the day. Which is just as well anyway, because it was really getting old seeing these stupid fuckers “secretly” texting under their desks (you’re fooling no one) or playing games on them when they’re supposed to be working.