Do you eat at unusual times?y

It is 10:00, and my wife and I just finished a reasonably substantial meal (for us) - baked potatoes and broccoli. Not sure if we’ll have just salads for dinner, or maybe a frozen pizza.

My wife prefers not to eat heavily late in the afternoon/evening. We both tend to wake early, and our breakfasts (cereal) don’t stick with us too long. With both of us working from home, when we start getting peckish around 9-10 or so, instead of just snacking, we might make our main meal of the day. Yesterday I grilled salmon and asparagus around 11 a.m. I think she had cheese and crackers and I had a PBJ around dinnertime.

So - maybe not too unusual, but definitely different from the standard bkfst/lunch/dinner - w/ dinner being the biggest meal of the day. Basically, we eat whatever we feel like eating when we feel hungry. Morning snack is usually fruit or veggies - but could be cookies or ice cream (if we have any in the house)!

How about you?

Breakfast between 8:00 - 9:00AM (cereal), maybe a nosh around 11:00AM, dinner between 2:00 - 3:00PM, maybe a snack around 6:00PM. If I have a big meal any time after 5:00PM, Reflux will cause me to burst into flames as I’m sleeping.

Breakfast 6:30 am
Lunch Noon
Dinner after 7 pm, before 10 pm.

I snack on fruits and vegetables from 8 AM to noon and then eat dinner just before bed at around 10. When I was younger I’d eat just once a day, usually around 2 in the afternoon.

For the most part eating is a waste of my time, I’d rather not do it at all.

We have absolutely no schedules now, so we eat or sleep whenever it suits us, night or day. We don’t distinguish among breakfast, lunch or dinner anymore, we just “eat”.

I eat at unusual times to an American to a certain extent because this is the tradition in my country: breakfast - dinner - supper. I have dinner at 1 o’clock. My breakfast is at 7/7;30. I also have an intermediary meal consisting of a vegetable salad and fruit at 11. Also, there is a separate dessert at about 4: 1/4 of a dark chocolate tablet.

No breakfast. Lunch 1-2pm. Evening meal 8pm. If working away and in hotel, can be 9-10:30pm. No snacks.

Very light ( “continental”? ) breakfast with coffee at 11:00 AM-ish.

“My” brunch/lunch at around 2:15 PM. Nothing heavy, but sating enough.

A piece of fruit or two around 4:30 to 5:00 PM.

Dinner between 6 and 7 PM, depending on what’s going on at work.

Glass of red wine with very light snack at almost midnight.

Hit the rack at slightly after 1 AM.

I’d say I do.

I’m seldom hungry in the morning so never breakfast unless I anticipate not being able to eat for hours and hours. For example, if I am visiting a customer while out of town and I think I might be there the entire day, I’ll eat something from the hotel spread.

When at work (been ‘essential’ the whole time), I don’t eat lunch before 2:30. I think I just enjoy being hungry.

In the evening, I’m more of a grazer for the first few hours aftet I get home. A few spoonfuls of coleslaw, handful of chips or peanuts, piece of cheese, etc. It might be 9pm before I think about making/reheating something more substantial. Last night, it was after Antiques Roadshow was over at 9 when I reheated some pasta.

I don’t have my evening meal until about 10:30, sometimes later. I generally eat breakfast and lunch at the normal time, but I don’t like getting hungry before bedtime, so I defer supper until late at night.

I used to have dinner around 4 pm but due to my current job I usually eat around 10:30 pm

I’m pretty much down to one meal a day, usually prepared while Wheel of Fortune is on in the background and eaten while watching Jeopardy!

If I eat anything during the day, it’ll probably be cereal/toast/a bagel/anEnglish muffin with a cup of tea or two.

Breakfast right after I get up, which can be any time between 0700 and 1000.

Lunch usually between 1300 and 1530.

Supper usually 1800-1900, but sometimes as late as 2100.

Define unusual. In the U.S or around the world?

Here’s some meal times around the world: https://www.insider.com/dinner-times-around-the-world-2018-11#south-africans-whether-in-cities-or-in-rural-areas-sit-down-for-dinner-between-8-pm-and-10-pm-9

Maybe not unusual, just earlier than most.
Breakfast 5:00 am
Lunch 10:30 am
Dinner 4:30 pm (If I can).

Breakfast usually somewhere around 8 to 10 AM; considerably after I first get up. Lunch somewhere between noon and 3 PM. Supper somewhere between 5 and 10 PM. Sometimes a snack inbetween or after, sometimes not. Lunch and supper are both main meals, usually about the same size.

That is, unless I’m doing a morning farmers’ market; in which case, breakfast around 5:30 AM, a sandwich at market around 11, rather more lunch after I’ve finished market, loaded up, done errands and gotten home, so probably somewhere around 3:00; supper probably between sometime between 7 and 10.

Breakfast: Never

Lunch: 11

Dinner: 4:15-4:30

That’s it.

Breakfast: 6:30-7:00am - English muffin, banana & ice water

Lunch: 11:30am-noon - String cheese, fruit (this time of year it’s usually apple, pear & grapes), chips or crackers, diet Coke, fun size candy bar

Supper: 5:00pm - Some kind of hot dish, soup, sloppy joes, tacos, pizza, sandwich, etc., a small sweet thing like a couple of pieces of dark chocolate, small candy bar, ice cream…

I don’t eat in between meals anymore.

I dislike supper the most. I’d rather just snack but feel I should eat something kind of good for me with veggies and a protein.

One meal a day, at about 5:30. No snacks, but tea throughout the day. (Artificial sweetener.)

Because teleworking and being at home pretty much 24/7 most of this year, meal times have slowly become totally free form. Whenever I feel hungry, I just walk into the kitchen an get something to eat.

Is this what retirement feels like?