Do you go to public places in your Pj's?

Yeah, I didn’t realize it was supposed to be a generation thing either. I’m 36.

I go to the store in them, dinner, lunch, parents house, in laws house, friends house. I’d love to wear them to work! (I work in a school) Only on one special day do we get to wear them to school.

I won’t even go to the laundry room in sweats. I prefer not to look like a rag when I’m among other humans.

Nope, never.

If I’m going to be leaving the house, that means I’m going to be showering. And if I’m showered, I’m not getting back into PJs. It’s not any harder to put on some clean “real” clothes than to put on pajamas.

I’m 26, and in my recent college days I didn’t wear pajamas to school either. My favorites were always the girls who obviously showered & did hair and make-up, then put on pajamas so they’d look casual and low-maintenance.

Man, if it most places didn’t have minimum dress codes I would never wear anything else! I sleep naked but I own about 15 sets of pj’s and that is my around the house/checking the mail/going to blockbuster wear. If I put on jeans and a t-shirt that is my way of putting a lot of effort into my appearance. If I am wearing something that is not jammies AND is not denim with a little make up it is because there is a man in the vicinity that I would like to have sex with so I felt the need to dress up quite a bit. I’m 24 if that matters at all.

Exactly. To me, pajamas and sweats say “I’m too bloated and/or lazy to deal with a zipper”. And really, that’s pretty damned bloated and/or lazy. Sufficiently bloated and/or lazy that you should probably just stay home.

I might grab my mail from the front porch or take the trash out to the back yard in my pjs, but that’s it.

I sleep naked, so my answer is either “always” or “never,” depending on how you look at it.

Mostly I sleep in a big t-shirt, so I have been known to toss on jeans and run to the store for something if I need it quick (hey, I like to lounge on the weekends).

But if I’m going out for an extended time (longer than the 20 minutes to run to the store and back) I change completely. I never got the appeal of wearing pj’s in public, I’m more comfortable in my jeans and the most casual I get is yoga pants (which I often wear instead of pajama bottoms because they are so much more comfortable).

I’m 24 fwiw.

Only up to the mailbox and back – about half a block.

Then again, my PJs look an awful lot like sweats (in winter) or a t-shirt and shorts (in summer), so I’m not sure if that really counts.

At college, yes. Anywhere else, no.

Isn’t it sort of a sorority-girl stereotype, going out in the ponytail and pjs? The girls I know who do this seem to fit that image with a relative degree of accuracy.

Me, I think I did it once or twice as a freshman in college, but I wouldn’t do it now. I don’t even hang around in pajama pants anymore- I keep my clothes on until I’m ready for bed, and then I get into underwear and into bed.

My question is, who, besides female college students, spends an inordinate amount of time in pajama pants? I feel like they are something you eventually grow out of.

In china, HK & taiwan, it’s pretty normal to see people out and about in the PJ’s. Especially in the summer. Even on the subway

Of course not. People rarely went to class in jammies when I was a student, but I’ve heard that it’s become more common in the seven+ years since I graduated. I know I saw someone wearing their jammies shopping a couple of weeks ago - late in the afternoon. I don’t get it.

And when you got there did you discover that it was already time for final exams and you hadn’t been to class all semester and didn’t even know where the classroom was and you couldn’t find your locker, either?

When I was a kid, I got hit by a car while wearing my judo gi. The nurse at the hospital loved it!

I wear fuzzy slippers to the ski hill (a country block away) and in the club house. They’re warm, and very easy to slip on and off.

I always sleep in the nude, usually wander about the house in the nude, and occasionally paddle my canoe and camp in the nude. I just don’t like clothes. PJs are just an embuggerance, so I don’t own any.

I have a tradition of attending finals in my PJs. I used to wear big tiger slippers too, but I just wear wool scuffs now. It’s gonna be PJ time again in a few weeks. I’m still debating whether or not I will continue this practice into law school. Judging by the folks at my husband’s LS, I’d wager half of them would keel over from shock and the other half would snark endlessly over it.

Actually, it might be distracting enough to bring the curve down and improve my scoring. Hmm…

Not usually. I did, however, have dinner delivered last week, and ran to answer the door in a pair of boy shorts and a t-shirt. I seriously intended to put on a pair of lounge pants before the delivery guy came, but between the air-raid siren sound of the buzzer and going, “Yay! Ravioli and mozzarella sticks!” I got distracted. I’m guessing in my rush to the door, my brain fell out and got left behind.

The delivery guy and I had a little exchange.

Me: Um, I meant to wear pants. Sorry.
Him: It’s okay. I’ve seen worse.

I wasn’t quite sure what to make of that.

Sort of.

I work in scrubs, so it’s a lot like wearing pajamas 'cept I’ve got underwear on under them.