Do you have any cute first cousins?

As the last child in a big family, born when my mom was 41 and my dad 52, all my first cousins were significantly older than me, and not too many males among them. One I’ve never even met IRL. The other I could have gone for if he hadn’t been 15 years older and married. Very nice guy, pretty cute.

I have a cousin just two weeks younger than me. We were pretty close when we were kids. He’s cute - blond hair, blue eyes, tall, in good physical condition. I never had a crush on him but I recognize he’s nice looking. He’s in Afghanistan somewhere teaching people to jump out of airplanes. I haven’t talked to him in years.

Sure, but they all joined the family through marriage, either their own or their parents’. I do, on the other hand, have a biological second cousin (and legal first cousin once removed) who I grew up with (hence should have created an incest taboo) who suddenly got hot once puberty set in.

I had crushes on two cousins when I was younger, but they weren’t very sexual since I was still prepubescent. More of an innocent schoolboy thing.

I don’t see one of them anymore, and am not at all attracted to the other one twenty years later.

I don’t think it’s a good choice for me b/c I have fallopian tubes, so the money spent would be a waste. Why the snip-snip posting kick, friend?

Well sure, but what if I want to have sex with my cousins?

Yeah, you wanna wrap it up so you don’t get babies w/ heads made of thumbs or something.*
*Note, only applies to first cousins.

Yes, almost everyone in my family is quite attractive. I only have six first cousins and all are younger than me. Out of the four females, only one isn’t attractive and that is because she has some serious weight issues but she would be cute if it weren’t for that. Out of he others, one is quite cute (but also quite crazy) and the two others are model gorgeous.

I can see they are pretty but I never thought of them that way. They are more like semi little sisters. I never thought beauty had to be a sexual thing. My daughters are objectively beautiful as well and that is good overall but it doesn’t mean that I would ever be attracted to someone closely related to me. It is just like a painting that you think is pretty and nothing more.

OTOH, I did have some huge crushes on my aunts by marriage when I was young. My uncles married well in the beauty department and I could appreciate from a young age. I guess that is why I have such beautiful cousins but something strong happens to change your thinking when you know someone closely related to you.

I’m with the OP. All of the first cousins I can think of are downright repulsive. I have a second cousin I had an incredible crush on as a teen and whom I would have considered dating were it not for the familial relationship, but none of the firsts.

I have a couple cousins that are pretty hot, and I’ve thought so since we were kids. One of them and her husband are they stereotypical sitcom couple- hot wife married to overweight doofus. She occasionally posts pictures to Facebook of their vacations, and she still looks killer in a bikini at 40+. I also have some other cousins who are pretty attractive, and their daughters are also pretty cute. It’s not as bad as it sounds; the daughters are at least 20.

On the other side of my family I have a couple 2nd cousins (sisters) who, when we were teens, I would flirt with and they flirted right back. The older sister was kind of wild- she used to challenge me to peeing contests for distance in the woods behind my parents’ house. I’d just whip it out through my fly, but she’d drop her pants and underwear. She was a trip. Hers were the first pubes I ever saw, besides mine. Nothing physical ever happened, but she asked me once if we weren’t cousins, would I get with her sister.

I have one female cousin. She’s much younger than me and we have a “big brother little sister” sort of relationship that my family still encourages even though we’re all adults now with at least a bachelor’s degree. She’s still cute but in a little girl way. I know first cousin dating is not fully taboo here but our existing emotional ties would never support it, and our parents would very likely disapprove. We can cuddle but it feels like I’m holding a child.

You cuddle her?

Yes, even with her mom right there with us. Sheesh, have we gotten to the point where all touching is sexual? It didn’t use to be like this.

Any touching of adults referred to as “cuddling” is sexual, as far as I’m concerned.

I have a second cousin that I was always attracted to, but only one female first cousin and I never considered whether she was attractive or not.

Yep. Well, I did. My FC from California. About 30 years ago, something like that. We were both around 14 when she and her family first came to visit. Fell in love with her. (Unrequitedly.) Grabbed the Bible and an Almanac to find out rules on FC marriages. Figured out that I/we would have to move to Alabama, or some other state, but God didn’t have a problem with it. Saw her again 2 years later. Smoking hot. I had a gf at the time, so, c’est la vie, baby!
She grew up and married about 20 years later. I guess she got tired of waiting! (Fat as a pig. A cute pig, no doubt, but…)

Do you equate cuddling with spooning? A lot of people I know seem to. That’s one way to cuddle, but far from the only one. Many don’t involve your lower halfs touching at all.

I don’t spoon my girl cousin. I can’t remember ever actually sharing a bed with her (cuddled or not), though it’s possible we did when I was a young teen or something due to lack of beds at a family reunion or something.

Other ways to cuddle are sitting next to someone on a couch and wrapping your arms around the other, or holding someone in your lap or seated between your legs and wrapping your arms around them.

Opposite gender physical affection, both within the same generation and intergenerational, is normal in my extended family and to some degree is expected. It would be a surprise (though, probably not a disowning offense) if I were to show up next Christmas and not want to touch anybody.

The only male first cousins of mine that are reasonably attractive are 15 to 20 years younger than I am. The ones closer to my age, or older have never been attractive, one is intellectually disabled and one has mental health issues, so the years have not been kind, but they never had much to work with either. I guess there are some that fall into the 5-10 year age difference, but I didn’t see them when we were growing up.

My uncle married a beauty pageant winner from Alabama who was a waitress that had just moved to Los Angeles at the time they met. While I would not say our side of the family is anything to look at and is strictly mediocre looking, my first cousin is attractive enough to be a model and definitely a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. So yeah…very cute.