Do You Know...?

Every Thursday in my local paper, there is a section called “Do You Know?” that basically takes some Random Person and gives you tidbits about their life. I thought this would be a fun thing for us to fill out.

1. Do you know: Skerri
2. Family? Me, two cats, and three goldfish.
3. Birthplace? Charleston, SC, USA
4. Occupation? Pharmacy tech for a drug studies program.
5. Hobbies? Reading, trivia, watching wrestling, and hanging out at the bar.
6. First job? Working at Sears Termite and Pest control as a <gasp> telemarketer.
7. Worst habit? Biting my nails, with cursing like a sailor in second place.
8. An event you would like to have witnessed? Elvis’s “68 Comeback Special”. :smiley:
9. Best advice you’ve been given? Don’t lose your sense of humor, it’s the only thing you’ve got sometimes.
10. Fantasy dinner guests? Emily Dickinson, Edgar Allan Poe, and Stephen King.
11. Something most people don’t know about you? Despite scientific theories, I always have and always will believe in ghosts.

Hi Skerri!
Funny you should mention that “Do You Know?” section. Friends of mine refer to it as the poor, ignored, red-headed cousin of Saturday’s “High Profile” section, where the real movers and shakers are interviewed!
I see you worked as a telemarketer. Geez. I’m sure you were entertained and/or horrified by my major meltdown in the recent telemarketing thread. Of course, I didn’t tell anyone this, because it’s a flimsy, candy-ass excuse in this day and age, but I had
[sub]serious cramps[/sub] when I responded to that thread. (SShhh!)
anyway…

1. Do you know: Sidle
  2. Family? Me, my yellow dog, darling SO.
  3. Birthplace? Atlanta GA
  4. Occupation? IT-ish position with newspaper circulation dept.
  5. Hobbies? Reading and hanging out at the bar sound good.
    (Skerri-which bar???)
  6. First job? Dry cleaners counter clerk in high school.
  7. Worst habit? Jonesing for cigarettes if I’ve had more than 2 beers, eating too many sweets, procrastination, unorganized with money.
  8. An event you would like to have witnessed? Anything I’ve missed so far with regards to my niece. She is growing up way too fast.
  9. Best advice you’ve been given? (From SO who works at a cancer clinic, referring to his patients)-These people, they have problems. We’re healthy. We have no problems.
  10. Fantasy dinner guests? T.S. Eliot and wife. Fitzgerald and Zelda. Paul Reiser and wife. Carville and Matalin. I am fascinated by goofy/strange/disfunctional/hilarious romantic couple dynamics.
  11. Something most people don’t know about you? I have always wanted to see a ghost, and am somewhat upset that in 30 years no spectre has seen fit to refute my skepticism.

1. Do you know: Throatshot
2. Family? Me, husband, two cats
3. Birthplace? Wichita, KS
4. Occupation? mainframe COBOL programmer; freelance writer; wannabe published fiction writer.
5. Hobbies? Reading, paintball, Magic: the Gathering, D&D, painting miniatures, building with Castlemolds, watching movies
6. First job? Video dept. clerk in a grocery store
7. Worst habit? Biting my nails
8. An event you would like to have witnessed?
9. Best advice you’ve been given? Always accept a breath mint if someone offers one to you.
10. Fantasy dinner guests? Dean Koontz
11. Something most people don’t know about you?

1. Do you know: pbrtallboy
2. Family? I’m a loner, Dottie – a rebel.
3. Birthplace? Charleston, SC
4. Occupation? trapped in a maze of cubicles and hallways doing something close to nothing (but different than the day before) for a telecom giant.
5. Hobbies? Reading trashy, tell-all biographies, dissecting trashy, see all “reality shows,” collecting lame come-ons, regurgitating movie quotes and participating in extensive video game brutality
6. First job? Slaving in the back of a friend of the family’s hellish warehouse sanding/staining furniture – what a cruel summer
7. Worst habit? An inability to finish what I start, with dressing like a sailor in second place.
8. An event you would like to have witnessed? Madonna’s “Like a Virgin” Tour with the Beastie Boys as opening act :smiley:
9. Best advice you’ve been given? Be true to yourself and you will never fall. Thanks, Mike D! (via Shakespeare)
10. Fantasy dinner guests? Gore Vidal, Peaches and David Sedarissss
11. Something most people don’t know about you? Underneath the devastatingly handsome and misanthropic facade, I wanna dance!

1. Do you know: Venusprobe
  2. Family? Me, Barbara (wife), Amber (Child #1), Harmony (Child #2), Cosmo (dog #1), Booster (Dog #2)
  3. Birthplace? Chatsworth Calif (a long long time ago)
  4. Occupation? Oracle DBA, web app Programmer for a large medical device manufacturer
  5. Hobbies? Designing, building and flying big rockets, Kites, boomerangs.
  6. First job? Electronics assembler
  7. Worst habit? Cigarettes
  8. An event you would like to have witnessed? Woodstock
  9. Best advice you’ve been given? Always go forward, never go straight.
  10. Fantasy dinner guests? 7 of 9, T`Pol, Hoshi Sato
  11. Something most people don’t know about you? Frogs are my favorite animal.

Um-
I would also like to add that
I GOT HERE FIRST!!!
:smiley:

Haha! I was waiting for that! :wink:

Hee hee… y’all are such dorks!

sidle, I go to AC’s. Particularly on Thursday nights. We’ll be there tonight until about 7:30. My email is in my profile if you wanna hang with us.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Skerri *
1. Do you know: scott evil
2. Family? Me and my rapier wit. I used to have two guinea pigs, though.
3. Birthplace? Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
4. Occupation? Tech writer and illustrator for a hardware/software company that designs, among other things, digital video cards and graphics accelerators.
5. Hobbies? Watching reality TV shows and ripping to shreds the media whores who appear on them.
6. First job? Working at summer school as an office assistant.
7. Worst habit? Smoking, drinking, reckless spending on take-out food.
8. An event you would like to have witnessed? I would have liked to have danced at Studio 54.
9. Best advice you’ve been given? To all of you out there still struggling, stay true to yourself and to your dreams, because I know they can come true. (Julie Larson, 1996 Tony Awards.)
10. Fantasy dinner guests? Kate Bush, Madonna, and Sean Hayes (from Will & Grace).
11. Something most people don’t know about you? I’m actually a very spiritual person, and believe in many things metaphysical, parapsychological, and paranormal.

• s.e.

AC’s huh? I don’t know if I’ve been there since they moved up the street.
Well, it’s 8:30 give or take a few now, so it sounds like I missed ya.
I would like to come hang out one night, though. Maybe next Thursday?
So, do you do Happy Hour? 7:30 seems like a pretty early time to call it quits, although I’m starting to do bedtime like the old folks too these days.
Funny thing is, as recently as several years ago, we didn’t hit AC’s until at least midnight!

1. Do you know: beegirl13
2. Family? Home: me, my mom, my dad, my brother, one cat, and one dog. School: 3 roommates, 3 fish, and a turtle
3. Birthplace? Medina, NY, USA
4. Occupation? College Student
5. Hobbies? Beekeeping, llama showing/training/grooming, reading
6. First job? Kennel worker at an animal hospital
7. Worst habit? Never finishing what I start, procrastination
9. Best advice you’ve been given? Don’t quit school, even to take a year off, because you’ll probably never go back.
10. Fantasy dinner guests? Fictional characters: Jamie and Claire Fraser. Real people: members of Ball in the House and The Young Dubliners
11. Something most people don’t know about you? I really wish I was a tornado chaser.

I’ll take a shot:

1. Do you know: Duke
  2. Family? Parents in Pennsylvania, sister in Atlanta, GA, ex-wife in Oxford, England
  3. Birthplace? State College, PA (Penn State Hospital)
  4. Occupation? Database administrator (officially), all-everything fundraiser (actual)
  5. Hobbies? Cricket, collecting playing cards
  6. First job? Caddie at local golf course
  7. Worst habit? Scratching the back of my neck
  8. An event you would like to have witnessed? The 1932-33 Bodyline Ashes Series, or the English Reformation (OK, that last one’s a bit tough)
  9. Best advice you’ve been given? “Surround yourself with people who are where you want to be.” – John R.
  10. Fantasy dinner guests? Sir Donald Bradman, Douglas Jardine, William Tyndale, Henry VIII, Edna St. Vincent Millay
  11. Something most people don’t know about you? You don’t want to know.

1. Do you know: tigergirl
2. Family? SO, 4 m/o rottweiler pup
3. Birthplace? Ballarat, VIC
**4. Occupation? ** On-line resource development
5. Hobbies? driving anywhere and everywhere, playing the piano, collecting tiger stuff
6. First job? got three first jobs at the same time: working at a pizza place and two supermarket cashier jobs.
7. Worst habit? Impatience (and yes, it is a habit for me :slight_smile: )
9. Best advice you’ve been given? Only you can make yourself happy; you can live you whole life trying to please other people but you’ll end up miserable. Live for yourself (selfish, I know)
10. Fantasy dinner guests? the Bloodhound Gang
11. Something most people don’t know about you? I drive a “boys car”

1. Do you know: Big Kahuna Burger (BKB)
  2. Family? Parents and 2 sisters here outside Hartford
  3. Birthplace? Hartford, CT (Mt. Sinai Hospital)
  4. Occupation? HS Student, will be a college student in August
  5. Hobbies? Soccer, Football, Frisbee, Dirtboarding, Hanging out with friends, watching movies, looking at political stuff
  6. First job? Filer at an medical billing company the corporation my mom works for owns
  7. Worst Habit? Chewing on pens (a typo there would make it VERY bad)
  8. An event you would like to have witnessed? Fall of the Berlin Wall in Berlin
  9. “Cmon Brian, ask her out” (said to my friend who now has a longstanding girlfriend)
  10. Pete Karmanos so I could poison his food, Keith Moon, Lyndon Johnson, Jesus (what did he REALLY mean?) and General Patton
  11. If you gave me the city you live in or a nearby city I could probably say who your congressman is, definitely pre- and possibly post-redistricting. I could definitely name your US Senators.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by tigergirl *
**1. Do you know: NotWithoutRage
2. Family? Mom, her fiancee, Dad, his partner, sister who is 16 and brother who is 19
3. Birthplace? Red Bank, NJ
**4. Occupation? ** Less than a week from being a second semester senior at Rider University
5. Hobbies? poetry, reality TV nut, gay choral movement
6. First job? babysitting, then Mcdonalds
7. Worst habit? Mooody as all hell.
8. An event you would like to have witnessed? The Stonewall riots
9. Best advice you’ve been given? Be yourself.
10. Fantasy dinner guests? the golden girls
11. Something most people don’t know about you? I lost my virgniity when I was 22 (well, I’m still 22, but I was trying to write in English, it’s early AM)

1. Do you know: funions
  2. Family? Me, husband, daughter, son, two dogs, one cat, one pidgeon, extended family within walking distance.
  3. Birthplace? Portland, Oregon, USA
  4. Occupation? I’m occupied with many things, but don’t recieve a wage.
  5. Hobbies? Reading, beadwork, cabinetry, video games, movies, dancing, and spending time with good friends.
  6. First job? Washing dishes in my dad’s restaurant at the age of nine.
  7. Worst habit? Over committing, and not following through.
  8. An event you would like to have witnessed? The creation of the universe.
  9. Best advice you’ve been given? Do what you know to be right.
  10. Fantasy dinner guests? Steven Hawking, Robert Fulghum, Fred Rogers, Thomas Cahill.
  11. Something most people don’t know about you? Rubber chickens crack me up.