Do you own a gun?

The answer is no, although I have little choice in the matter as I reside in a country (England) which has long treated its citizens as wayward children rather than responsible adults and, as we all know, children shouldn’t be allowed to play with dangerous things. We might hurt ourselves or others and Nanny has locked all the guns in the cupboard. In fact she’s been casting suspicious glances at the knives too lately. “Nasty things! Whatever do you need those for? You might cut yourself!”

Nope* Despite what you have seen in Hot Fuzz very few people in Britain have private weapons and most people will never have even have seen one. Not up close anyway.

I’ll qualify that. I have* a target shooting air pistol which I suppose might stun a squirrel, if you threw it at him.

**Had. On reading through the thread, given the gun laws passed here since I got it even my peashooter is quite likely somewhat illegal here. I suddenly now remember that incident on the ship, so my 177 must now be at the bottom of the North Sea.

Yes. Several, in fact.

Dozens, including 2 different .50 caliber rifles.

Until those pesky Gypsies stole them.
Sadly, they too were lost at sea while escaping.

It happens.

and it’s not an arsenal, it’s a collection.

I’ve never even touched a gun.

No. I can’t imagine a realistic situation where I would need one.

Still have my hunting shotgun from when I was a lad. 20 gauge Remington 870 Express.

Maybe, like me, he doesn’t care for Wal-Mart.

Yes, several, on the gun thingy.

But they were all abducted by aliens.

If you keep giving away the secret handshake, we’re going to take back your antlers and moose call. And make you buy the beer for the secret meetings.

Don’t underestimate the Southern vote. I’m constantly amazed at the ferocity at which people here exercise their gun rights. People I would never think in a million years would have a gun will pull one out of their purse.

Me: no gun, absolutely no desire or use for one.

I’ve recently taken up shooting clay pigeons, which is lots of fun. I told my 15 year old son that he could learn as well if he took the two day safety course offered here in PA. He passed with flying colors, and has done some trap shooting.

Then we lost the 20 gauge shotgun and .357 mag handgun in a tragic boating accident.

Forget gun safety classes, a lot of you folks need boating safety classes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Two.

S&W .22 semiauto pistol, used (almost never) for plinking coffee cans and such.

Mossberg 12g pump action shotgun, for home defense. Every few years I take it out to murder a few tin cans.

My position on Gun Control: the stronger and stricter, the better, although I think Ammunition Control would make more sense.
The notion of “banning” all firearms is preposterous, IMO, but I do think assault rifles and such should be “discouraged” as much as is possible, even though it’s far too late to do much about the arsenals that abound in This Great Land Of Ours.

My definition of desirable gun control: Hitting one’s intended target.

If I owned any guns, and if those guns survived my propensity for boating accidents, of course.

Just read all the other posts and feel like adding:

I’ve had at least one firearm since I was 17. I’ve always enjoyed target shooting, never liked killing things (and haven’t for over 30 years).

The handgun is kept unloaded, under lock and key.

Shotgun is loaded, squirreled away in the bedroom closet. My wife’s father was an expert marksman, and has known guns all her life.

We never had children, but whenever little sticky people are in the house, the shotgun is unloaded and moved to the back of a very high shelf in the closet. Their parents are made aware of this.
Oh yeah- my boat sank in an accidental shooting.

Legal where I live, but I don’t own one. Probably will someday, though.

All of my personally owned firearms were dismantled and melted down to make a boat, which promptly sank. I still have all the ammunition though. :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t do me any good to go boating since I’m already on the list. Fingerprinted and paperworked CCW permit holder.

Don’t need one, but have one. M-1 Garand. Looking at Lugers this weekend as well, if anyone else is thinking of going out to Dulles…

Three, technically, all inherited from my father.

S&W .38 special, Ithaca Model 37 (I think) 12-gauge shotgun, and a crappy little .22 I wouldn’t try to fire unless my life depended on it.