Do you use your wedding china?

I’m not married anymore, but still have the very little bit of china we collected, and it’s beautiful, so yea. I also have a silver pattern that was/is my mother’s and I’ve always loved it, and a set of silver that was my grandmother’s, and I use those all the time. Silver doesn’t break, so I use that more often.

Not since she took them when she moved out.

We have it, and use it once or twice a year. It’s quite plainso it can be paired with lots of other things and will not ever look dated. What I haven’t used is my grandmother’s silverware - my mother insisted I take it after grandma died. It’s very ornate and really not my taste.

No, I didn’t know people still got wedding china these days? Oh well, we didn’t register and said please no gifts, because we were merging two households rather than trying to cobble one together.

Just this Christmas, though, I bought myself eight place settings of wedding-ring china (white with gold borders) for about $60. I’d always before just used my everyday dishes, which are a nice blue-and-white by Johnson Brothers.

I have used it fairly recently, lo these 25 years since my first wedding. I never used it for years and years and the whole thing makes me tired. I have 12 place settings, since my father’s family announced at my engagement that they’d make sure I got all 12 place settings (he has eight brothers and sisters). So I choose an inexpensive pattern, since I was basically choosing how much these people were going to spend. That limited my choices to about three, and I picked the one I didn’t like the least. Great criteria, huh.

It’s not repulsive or anything Noritake Shrewsburg … I just wish I could have had something I actually wanted because I thought it was beautiful on its own merits.

That said, I can serve dinner for what, 36 if I had to. We bought our everyday stuff (a National Geographic safari themed set) on closeout and have 12 place setting in the current rotation, plus an entire set put away.

http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=C2CqoPJtNTbmBB4O5gwe2xpjWC6Kc8c4B2rae_BaqiPiIRggAEAEgx5j4BSgCUJzJ0Lf______wFgyb7jirSk5A-gAYDBgvQDyAEBqgQZT9D6dsoL-iLHNoy_O78prNN8wd7Eo0vcIYAFkE4&sig=AGiWqtwzqvtWV5V5xSZMfgGIT6wY93zlmw&adurl=http://www.lenoxchinacorner.com/lenox-fine-china-gold/lenox-eternal.html

I didn’t get china when I got married, but I love having it now. It’s a simple pattern that never goes out of style.

We eloped and neither of us was interested in china. We’ve used Corelle for our 27 years together. I bought some china once, but it wasn’t great quality, and using it every day led to considerable breakage, so it went to Goodwill and we went back to Corelle.

Very nice. It’s what I would have picked!

No china, no problem. Boxing it up to give away though is very generous. Good on ya.

I wish we had gone with our first choice, but honestly it was more expensive than we wanted to ask for. But it was very simple, white with a silver greek key design around the rim.

Instead, we oddly went for fussy. Noritake “Vintage Rose.”

I was looking at it again last night and I guess I can see how someone might think it’s pretty. I’m just surprised that someone was ever ME.
ETA: Oh, and your link isn’t showing up for me, so here it is in case it’s not showing up for others, either: http://www.lenoxchinacorner.com/lenox-fine-china-gold/lenox-eternal.html

I have a lovely set that I rarely use. When I downsize in a few years, I’ll offer it up to my daughters. It’s a very simple white and gold pattern with tons of pieces, (Noritake Golden Cove) so it still doesn’t look terribly dated.

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/N__GOC.htm?s1=pgr&21347&

Were I to do it all over again, I’d forego the china in a heartbeat. But I still use my crystal (Lenox windswept) often and still love the pattern after 21 years. In retrospect, I’d have gotten more crystal and nice barware and no china.

We use ours all the time; probably about once a week, even if it’s just the two of us. If we have friends over, we are likely to use it, and we love having dinner parties. They are dishwasher safe, which makes it very easy to use without an extra effort for cleaning, and the pattern is simple and goes with everything. We love this set.

Mikasa Palatial Platinum.

The crystal we picked is MUCH prettier to my eyes than the china (Lenox Encore Gold), but we still never used it.

I think I just have to accept that I’m not very fancy. :smiley:

http://images02.olx.com/ui/1/02/98/2199498_1.jpg
Here it is again: Lenox Eternal

No wedding china, but I’ve had a set of “good” china for around 30 years. What surprises me is that I still like it. It’s a pretty simple white-on-white pattern with a silver rim, service for eight. I use it when entertaining for holidays or other fancy occasions.

My everyday stuff is much sturdier: old school restaurant china.

Oh, honey, don’t give me credit for something I’m not doing! I’m not being generous. I’m getting rid of something I don’t want! :smiley:

OH. My. How … unfortunate.
:stuck_out_tongue:

See?!! :smiley:

I didn’t get good china. I was given a nice set of stoneware and, remember this was the 70s, a nice set of Melmac. I no longer have the Melmac, and gave the stoneware to my daughter when she moved out. I have some Jognson Brothers now that I use for everything. My silverware, however, I use every day. I used to use it only on holidays and birthdays until I figured that we were worth silverware every day. It really doesn’t tarnish that fast if you use it all the time. If you have good china, use it. Your kids will probably just get rid of it when you die, so you may as well enjoy it now.

I registered for some “fancy china” under great duress from both my mother and mother-in-law. Because you need fine china, apparently. And we got one place setting. One. Which is ok because it’s not like we needed it, but what am I going to do with one place setting? So, the answer is, I don’t use my wedding china at all, but I probably would if I had some.

I think I’ll buy another setting for myself soon so we at least have two and we can eat off them for our anniversary.

We use a much cheaper set for everyday and I absolutely love it. Simple grooved pattern, all white, easy to add accent pieces to. Microwave & dishwasher safe!