Do your fucking job, bitch! (Very long rant)

[sub]God, I hate my job…[/sub]

I’ve been working at a bookbindery for almost a year. In that year I have seen all kinds of crazy shit that you really don’t want to know about (especially if you get TV Guide). This fucking takes the cake.

It all started when my usual machine operator took the night off. It’s our last day for the week (we work 7 on, 7 off), and lots of other people did too. Which ordinarily is no problem.

However, I ended up last night with the single worst operator I have ever worked with. This woman proved herself to be so inept that I almost got fired. That seems confusing, but allow me to elaborate.

We start the machine. Things go along smoothly for about 3 hours. No problem so far. Then the machine breaks down. Since I have been getting my ass beat for the last three hours doing mail, I take a break, figuring that the operator can handle the problem.

Well, I come back into the building 5 minutes later, and the problem’s STILL not fixed. OK, maybe it’s bad. 20 minutes later, I go to see what the problem is. The fucking operator is sitting on her ass reading a book! I ask what the problem is. “Well, I don’t know”, she says.

I say, “How 'bout you get up off your fucking ass and find out!”. So I take a gander at the problem.

Alls it was was a book jam on the line. Now I feel like an asshole for not having looked before, but why should I? I’m not an operator. I’m a mail guy. So I clear the wreck and start the machine.

I ask “Now, was that so fucking hard?”. She gets this cross-eyed look on her face and says “What do I look like, an operator?”.

WTF!!!

That is, in fact, what you are, you lazy bitch!

So I really lose my temper. I’ve had an exceptionally bad week, and I’m not in the mood to be fucked with. Especially by this mousey, three teeth havin’ woman.

So I say, in an exceptionally loud voice, “Get the fuck off my machine, you useless piece of shit!”. Now I know what you’re thinking-if YOU said that at work, you’d be fired on the spot. Well, in this place that might be the nicest thing you’ll hear for days.

Anyway, she goes and tells the supervisor what I said. My dipshit supervisor gets all up in my face. Well, I told him to get fucked, too. That was a big, big, BIG mistake. Next thing I know, I’m in the office trying to keep my job, which ultimately I did.

Anyways, this is what I need to say.

You fucking piece of shit cunt, you can eat my fucking ass! Take your tobacco stained fingers out of your pussy and get to work! You smell like a camel’s balls, and you’re so fucking skanky that I’ll bet I’d need a fork to eat you out! Get the fuck away from me before I blast your last three teeth out of your mouth, you lazy bitch!

Whew, that felt good. I’m calmer now. Thank God I get a week off now, or I’d lose my mind completely.

I sense a lot of anger here. :wink:

Repeat after me:
It’s only a motherfucking job.

Great rant. The eating out with a fork shows an eye for detail. 8.7!

Very nice rant babe. And at least now you get to go back to normal working hours!!! Hehe, late nights just aren’t the same without you…

They print TV Guide in the Air Force?

I would have fired your ass.

After such behavior I can’t imagine how you kept your job, but I hope you showed proper deference and swollowed.

And no, I don’t know what “swollowed” means, either. Feel free to replace with “swallowed”.

Seems to me that your behavior, not her ineptitude, is what almost got you fired.

And this makes it OK… how?

And this is her fault…how? Obviously she forced you, at gunpoint, to say something to your supervisor that WOULD in fact get you fired, instantly, from most jobs, and certainly any job I’ve ever held. And with good reason – I’m trying to imagine being the supervisor in this case. “So let’s get this straight. A very simple problem occurred, and when the operator did not fix it, rather than notify someone of her inability to do her job, you fixed it instead, even though it’s not your job to do so. And instead of complaining about her inability to fix it, you verbally abused her using wildly inapppopriate language. And now you’re verbally abusing me.”

How charming. :rolleyes:

Apparently none of you have worked with someone who thinks that your job is your job and their job is your job. I’ve got a young’un in my office (22) who doesn’t hesitate to say, “Sorry, that’s your problem.” She also doesn’t have any problem telling the other two of us, “I’ve got a deadline on this project, so you guys have to help out with the other.”

Considering that our owner is looking for any excuse to shut the whole fucking thing down and retire, we (32 and 33 years of age and rather more experienced in being self-sufficient grown-ups) feel like the fellows that Tom Sawyer got to whitewash the fence.

Had I the balls of brass enough, I’d tell her the same thing the OP did.

And you’d probably come awfully close to being fired, also. Mistaking real life for the Pit isn’t a wise move.

Yes, take issue with your co-worker’s shifting of responsibility. Yes, bring it up with said co-worker. But do so politely, courteously, without loud voices and harsh words. If this doesn’t work, we discover exactly why there is such a thing as a manager/supervisor/foreman in our respective departments. Bring the problem up with the aforementioned manager/supervisor/foreman. But do so politely, courteously and without loud voices and harsh words. Let the loud voices and harsh words flow from the supervisor to the problem child. Realizing that you who are no manager/supervisor/foreman have no right, power, or privilege to reprimand a co-worker on work habits, you sit back and bask in the heat emanating from the nearby confrontation between said co-worker and the m/s/f.

If, however, you decide to step into the m/s/f’s place of privilege and reprimand/scream at/swear at said problem child yourself, he/she has every right to go complaining to the m/s/f. And if you find that you have so little self-control as to actually yell at/swear at the m/s/f when he/she comes around to get your side of the story, you probably do need to be fired as a defensive move by the company.

Just because you work in a loud, raucous, rough workplace doesn’t mean that being loud, raucous, or rough with a co-worker is going to be (or should be) ignored.

jayjay

And that’s why I haven’t chewed the immature twat out yet. But see the next section…

Ummm…that was the job I was hired for, until the boss decided that we couldn’t afford a “m/s/f.” I got dicked, but I’m learning the software that goes along with the writing skills I have, so I put up with it for now. If there were a chain of command, I’d go through it. Unfortunately, there isn’t, and our owner is just as likely to fire us all as provide oxygen in the production room. I’m not kidding–let’s look at the situation: he hires people with little to no experience at well below the market rate, our benefits include getting to buy insurance for ourselves at 50% of the cost and for our families at 100%, we clock in and out as typesetters, graphic designers, and writers, if the network goes down we get laid off for the rest of the day without pay…I could go on. Suffice it to say that I’ve been fired once because the man didn’t know enough about the reports to see that the backlog wasn’t my fault. But I’ve been around enough to know about channels. I’ve also worked for enough small companies to know when the politics of channels make it pointless to try to create the right ones.

Stofsky:

WTF? How is your choice to do someone else’s work her fault? Is it impossible to tell your “young’un” the same thing she tells you?

stofsky:

Your situation is different from the one in the OP, then. Still, screaming and insulting and swearing isn’t going to be the best way to go about getting something done.

Regardless of the actual supervisor situation, if you’re not a supervisor, you and your co-worker are coeval in rank. You can make it quite clear to her that she’s expected to actually work without blowing up.

And there has to be somebody you can go to with complaints about a co-worker’s work habits, even if it’s directly to HR.

jayjay

Hey, look. I was pissed off and I was having to do her job, too.

That’s an awfully big burden to bear when you’re not trained to run the machine.

Imagine if I had done something wrong and broke the multi-million dollar machine. It would have been my ass.

But you’re right. I shouldn’t have blown up like I did. That’s just how things happen where I work. Different places, different circumstances. I’m not legitimizing my actions, just explaining them to you.

MsWhatsit, sorry for offending your sensitive eyes. In another thread today I was shown the folly of my ways. I’ll be more discreet in the future.

And Diane, I go to basic in August.

With my vast experience with the military, I can promise you that if your attitude and lack of anger control don’t improve, your days in the military will be short and painful.

I was about to say the exact same thing. I strongly suggest you take some steps to rein in your temper before you report for basic. Mouthing off to your superiors is not only not tolerated in the military, it is squashed quickly and mercilessly.

I am in the Air Force; fifteen years, all extremely active duty. If I had the power to enforce it, you wouldn’t be using that rank, or associating yourself with my Air Force until you’ve earned them both. But it’s a free country, and you can pair them both up in your handle, which is attached to a screed that I’d be ashamed of.

But mister, let me tell you something right now: if any of my airmen EVER showed that lack of self-control or respect for a co-worker, I’d help them back to being a “mister” as quickly as I could.

Now, I don’t know you, but I’m prepared to say that I think you’d be an asset to the Air Force IF and ONLY IF you accept that you were wrong, learn from this, and go and sin no more.

Otherwise, you’re a potential liability, and you should re-think your career choice.

I am in the Air Force; fifteen years, all extremely active duty. If I had the power to enforce it, you wouldn’t be using that rank, or associating yourself with my Air Force until you’ve earned them both. But it’s a free country, and you can pair them both up in your handle, which is attached to a screed that I’d be ashamed of.

But mister, let me tell you something right now: if any of my airmen EVER showed that lack of self-control or respect for a co-worker, I’d help them back to being a “mister” as quickly as I could.

Now, I don’t know you, but I’m prepared to say that I think you’d be an asset to the Air Force IF and ONLY IF you accept that you were wrong, learn from this, and go and sin no more.

Otherwise, you’re a potential liability, and you should re-think your career choice.