Doctor Who question--second season, sort of

So in the second season of Doctor Who, they battle Cybermen. The Doctor has met up with them before, so my question is: which old episodes chronicle the previous encounters? I’ve been looking around to try to rent them, but can’t seem to find the right ones. Any help here?

Their first serial is “The Tenth Planet”, but I’ll leave it to someone else to point out the good episodes with them. They may have been the Doctor’s second most persistant foe but I never cared for them.

Here are the ones I remembered… I think this is all of them from the “old” series…

1st Doctor:

• The Tenth Planet

2nd Doctor:

• The Moonbase
  • The Tomb of the Cybermen
  • The Invasion

4th Doctor:

• Revenge of the Cybermen

5th Doctor:

• Earthshock
  • The Five Doctors

6th Doctor:

• Attack of the Cybermen

7th Doctor:

• Silver Nemesis

According to Wikipedia, Lips missed just one old series episode- The Wheel in Space.

Thanks! Off to rent some Doctor Who, whee!

The early Cybermen stories have been hit quite severely by the episode-loss problem - final episode of “The Tenth Planet”, episodes one and three of “The Moonbase”, all but episodes three and six of “The Wheel in Space”, and episodes one and four of “The Invasion” are among the missing. (All the surviving episodes have been released, on the “Cybermen: The Early Years” VHS video compilation, or the recent “Lost in Time” DVD boxset - I think that’s out in region 1 now, isn’t it?)

“Tomb of the Cybermen”, “Earthshock”, and “The Five Doctors” have all been out on DVD for a while; everything else has had a VHS release. (“The Invasion” is due out in region 2 DVD soon, apparently with animation filling in the two missing episodes. Better than nothing, I suppose. The video version just had Nicholas Courtney doing a linking narration.)

I was quite disappointed, because unlike the daleks in the new Doctor Who, the Cybermen are not at all related to the old cybermen. They look the same, but do not come from the same place. It seemed like a bit of a hack to me. I mean, why not just come up with a brand new villain species.