Does anyone here know anyone personally who has been diagnosed, or has been yourself?

Mine is one of those multiple degrees of separation. Reportedly my best friend’s brother in law’s girlfriend’s mother has been diagnosed with it. I don’t know her personally.

Both of my parents. So far they are doing fine caring for themselves (and each other) at home.

Well a relative(in his late 20s) wasn’t feeling well this morning so he went to an urgent care clinic. They told him to wait in his vehicle and someone would come out to talk to him. The person who came out told him his symptoms were consistent with corona but they didn’t have enough testing kits to test him. So he went home.

Another relative who works in healthcare told me they are lot more cases than the number reported to the state because they are only testing those who extremely sick or in a high risk category.

No one who has been diagnosed by a test because there are no tests. My wife’s friend and her couple have it though, likely contracted while her husband was working in Boston. They have two children under the age of three.

If you look at the tests per million people, we’re playing catch up. There’s a reason the numbers are starting to spike, and it’s not just that the rate of infection is getting worse - in fact it could be starting to slow for all we know, though I’m guessing that’s probably not the case. But we’re woefully behind in testing and reporting.

Our surveillance is shit. Italy, for instance, has test more than 3500 people per million and S Korea is at 6600 tests per million; we’re still around 300-400 people per million. That’s why I’ve been guessing for a while the real number of infected people is already well into the hundreds of thousands. If we have 35,000 officially reported cases, then I’m guessing that, conservatively, it’s at least three times that amount in reality, and it could be much, much higher - like 300,000 to 500,000.

There’s a very good chance you’ve passed someone at a store or in some other public place who has the virus.

ETA - just to clarify, I don’t mean you passed right by them; only to say that you’ve probably been somewhere in their proximity. Most of us have if we’ve not been staying put in our homes. That’s why it’s really important to stay close to home unless you really need to get out.

Employee zero at my old manufacturing company. He caught it in Wuhan right before the lockdown started. Almost died, was in tubed, but a few weeks later back to work. Although my ex company has a seasonal peak for about 1.5 million employees in China. Only a handful of employees have tested positive. The company instituted temperature checks before chinese new year on all employees, everyone wears masks, started their own mask manufacturing lines and they need about 1 million masks per day to be operational.

No, but a fellow at my ex-husband’s plant just died of it.

Friend from college most likely has it. No test available, of course.

Her temperature keeps going up and down and up and down. Just when she thinks she’s licked it, it comes back. I’m worried for her

Not yet. My state has only 64 cases at the moment though so I expect that to change. Plus I’m an extreme introvert and probably “know” much less people than the average person.

A student of mine picked it up in South East Asia. Was sick for a week and is doing better now (and attending online classes)…as far as I know she has been isolating since she found out, but she already had it when she was traveling back to Europe.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g(6) met Tapatalk

I do now. Former housemate of ours just posted his positive status.

My brother’s family had something that went on forever, and the kids passed it to my dad, who tested positive for Influenza A and then was hospitalized for a week (influenza A, pneumonia & bronchitis, he has COPD and emphysema (he did have a flu shot)). In the ICU for 3 days. He got home just as covid-19 was about to pop off for real. At his follow-up appointment on March 11 with his GP, the doc told him “if you get this you will die.”

I was pretty aware of a flu going around before covid-19 since everyone in my family was sick for a while. My mom too (69 years old but healthy). The littlest niece was actually out of school already when it shut down.

My brother was questioning whether or not it was covid-19, but I dunno, I think dad woulda died if he had it. Then again he was at the Cleveland Clinic so he had some of the world’s best health care.

A friend of mine was on a ski trip to Italy on the front end of all of this. Most of his friends got and are recovered. My friend has been on life support for a couple of weeks but has shown some improvement recently.

A second cousin of mine who is part of the US diplomatic mission in Beijing. Not sure of his condition, but he’s late 30s, athletic, with no underlying conditions that I’m aware of.

His test results haven’t come back yet, but my youngest brother very likely has it. Fortunately, his seems to be a fairly mild case.

Several untested but all the symptoms fit, including one of my boyfriends, and several tested positive, including one of my patients, my other boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend, and his ex-wife.

It’s hitting too close to home, and working as a nurse, I can’t get away from it. I made the difficult decision when it started to send my daughter to live with her dad for the duration, and left my adult son living alone in our apartment so that I wouldn’t bring it home to them. I miss them like crazy, but I’d rather miss them than see either of them at their funeral.

My stepmother (66, with lupus) in NYC is hospitalized in NYC and her test came back positive at 2 a.m. today. My dad (asymptomatic so far, asthmatic, 79) is now quarantined. They have no idea how she contracted it - they don’t go out much, and recently whenever they have gone out they have been wearing masks.

Dad seems relatively calm so far. Please keep them in your thoughts, because his lungs are much crappier than mine - he gets bronchitis and pneumonia at the drop of a hat.

Damn. I am so sorry. :frowning:

Karl-Anthony Towns from the Minnesota Timberwolves revealed that his mother is in a medically induced coma right now. I know the entire family.

My colleague’s wife. They have a new born, he and the baby are in another part of the house and his wife is kind of on her own. He leaves her meals at the door, they can’t both be sick with a baby.