I have COVID!

…and so does my family. I think I caught it from the dentist and brought it home. Symptoms are mild except I have completely lost my sense of smell (which is why I tested myself).

Luckily we’re all fully vaxxed. Hopefully it’s over soon. A huge part of my enjoyment of life is food, and without smell I’m not really enjoying food. Of course, this may help me lose some of the weight I’ve been lazily trying to lose for quite a while now.

Good luck and I hope you all get over it quick. Will you be getting the Meds? Paxlovid or Lagevrio, or are the cases mild enough to pass?

We haven’t even seen doctors – we called my son’s pediatrician and they said to schedule an appt for a fever or any other significant symptoms, but we haven’t had anything except sniffles and coughing (and my loss of smell).

I’ve had it twice - the first was basically “bad cold” level; the second involved 3-4 days of high fever and a cough that lingered afterwards for about two months. In neither case did I experience anosmia, nor did I see a doctor or take anything other than OTC medication.

Hang in there. It’s good that COVID is less of a threat to most people than it used to be, so count your blessings and take care of yourself and yours.

Same here. I very much value my sense of smell, and the one and only time I got Covid so far, a year and a half ago, I had very mild symptoms otherwise, but utterly and completely lost my sense of smell. A mentholyptus cough drop may as well have been a sugar pill for all I could smell or taste it. But! My sense of smell came back completely in a couple weeks to a month. So don’t despair.

Mrs. solost, on the other hand, claims her sense of smell hasn’t been quite the same since she had it (same time as me). But I’m skeptical of this, since whenever I try to have a drink or two on a weekday she can smell it on me instantly :blush:

Oh, and your hope to lose some weight while you can’t smell? Nice optimism, and I hoped for the same thing. But don’t go shopping for skinny pants just yet :wink:

My tip: night sweats are a real thing. When I had COVID, I kept a change of clothes by the bed in case I wanted to change in the middle of the night.

Hopefully you have a fairly easy, quick version.

This sucks big time. Among all the other possibilities the smell thing must be awful. I hope you all come out of it relatively easily and ok.

I got it a week ago, from work I believe, and my wife shortly thereafter. I started a pit thread here:

Anyway, best of luck. Regardless of what anyone says I still believe that it’s a threat and, regardless of how lightly one gets it, it’s still a gamble I would rather not participate in.

Best wishes. Most people recover their sense of smell. Fwiw, I’ve had anosmia twice, from non-covid (pre-covid) colds, and it cleared up both times.

When I had COVID it knocked me on my butt for a couple of days, but other than feeling very tired it wasn’t really that bad. It basically felt like a mild flu, which is why I thought Mrs. Geek was being silly when she wanted me to take a COVID test. But then she was right and it came back positive. I suspect that if I wasn’t vaxxed it would have been much more severe.

My sense of taste/smell kinda came and went. I never knew from one meal to the next if things would taste off or not. When I was getting towards the end of COVID my smell and taste recovered completely.

Hopefully your symptoms stay mild and you recover your smell and taste soon.

My smell is back! What a relief. Appears to be a mild case for all of us, perhaps thanks to the vaccine.

Very cool, congrats.

Hurray for iiandyiiii’s smell!

Apparently I had asymptomatic covid last year – went to the ER for something totally unrelated, and was asked if I’d been tested recently. So they gave me a test, and the next thing I knew they were giving me a shot (something “approved for emergency use”) for it.