Does "Ed" actually have an audience?

Since I don’t know either actor, I have no idea.

What I meant was that they’re acting, and it’s not a result of any animosity that may or may not be present between actors.

Robin

Airman’s favorite insult is “slack-jawed llama”.

Robin

Hmmm…well, I guess it just doesn’t do anything for me. It seemed like a novel idea when it was pitched in the first season, but like I said, the guy creeps me out. Of the (currently) 375 people who viewed this post, only 19 (so far) have replied, which maybe indicates that 95% of readers either were just idly curious, don’t watch the show, or don’t loathe/like it enough to comment.

Sitcoms really are in a sorry state these days. The only truly funny shows on American TV seem to be “Curb Your Enthusiasm” and “Six Feet Under”. IMO, of course.

Man, it’s been over 20 years since I’ve seen Ed on TV! I am so glad that TVLand brought it back.

Boy, that Wilbur really cracks me up.

It made me laugh out loud just thinking about it. In fact now that you’ve helped me remember that one, I’m definately going to use it in real life. :slight_smile: Thanks!

Those two hit my funny bone just right.

I used to watch “Ed” regularly through the first two seasons, on-and-off during the third, and I haven’t at all watched it this season. The whole Ed-and-Carol-“Does she like me?” deal got to be too much. They never could make up their minds. I still like the show, and I’m certainly not opposed to it–it’s very funny, and Phil and Shirley are the best.

By the way, I’m not creeped out by Ed. I don’t think he’s particularly cute, but he’s not bad, and he can be sweet.