does rage go away

Assume something happened 3 years ago that sends you into impotent rages maybe 2-3 times a week. These rages aren’t universal (you don’t get angry at anyone other than the people you feel were responsible), and they come & go.

Do they ever go away? Do you ever just forget what happened or does it finally incorporate itself into your personality or what.

Unless you work through it, no, it won’t go away on it’s own. You will carry it around like a big ugly suitcase forever.

2-3 times a week sounds like something serious. Anybody you can talk to about it?

Sounds like you have unresolved issues that you need to deal with. I highly recommend talking these issues through with somebody that you trust. Or you could talk about them here, if you feel comfortable enough. I know that the people here will listen and try to help you.

i can’t talk about it here. This isn’t one of those ‘im the innocent victim of someone else’ things. I didn’t do anything illegal or intentionally harmful, but i did something socially immoral to bring about the abuse & harassment i recieved that will get me little sympathy. I guess i should talk to peopel 1 on 1 over it.

Eh, you might find that most of us have done something heinous at one time or another.

I hate to suggest this first, but how about a therapist?