Does Steven Wright do new material or the same jokes?

Damn! I hadn’t finished reading it!

My favorite from I Still Have a Pony is the one about the person whose “eyes were just a liiiittle too close together, like the headlights on a Jeep.”

My favorite off his more recent album(he only has two full ones, I believe) is:

"I saw a close friend of mine the other day… He said, “Stephen, why haven’t
you called me?” I said, “I can’t call everyone I want. My new phone has no
five on it.” He said, “How long have you had it?” I said, “I don’t know…
my calendar has no sevens on it.”

I don’t know. I recall when our local license plate bureau was extremely busy (they added more locations later). People would come in obviously in a hurry and stare in disbelief at the room full of people and all the benches full. I often thought about grabbing several numbers when I first got there and selling them 20 minutes later when there was still another long wait.

Dennis

At my local grocery deli, if you go there on a Saturday afternoon, you can get a number 25-30 people out. And they do have like 5 people working the counter. Typically, I avoid these times and go on weekday mornings where I’m, at worst, fifth in line, but sometimes I can just walk up to the counter and be served right away. If I am there on a Saturday and need to get deli counter items, I’ll grab a number, do all (or at least most of) my shopping, and be back in time to catch my number, often with time to spare. Selling your number doesn’t seem quite as crazy to me. :slight_smile:

Not sure how it works now, but in '95-'96, a person could go into DC and wait in line to get free tickets for the White House tour. Each person could get up to 6 tickets, so my buddy and I got 6 tickets each and then sold them for $1 to people that were at the back of the line. It happens.