Does this mean that she is the true and rightful king?

From the BBC:

Girl, 8, pulls a 1,500-year-old sword from a lake in Sweden

On the other hand:

I’m going to go out on a limb and say yes.

Now, that makes her the kind of England, mind you, not the king of Sweden. Gotta be careful about such things.

A viking’s a viking, whether they come from England, Normandy or Sweden.

Yea, verily, in generations yet to come the bards shall sing of her mighty deeds in The Saga of Saga!

I didn’t vote for her!

She’s not my King.

Farcical aquatic ceremonies are no basis for a system of government!

I need to know what Viking threw his sword in the water. The polluter. He shoulda recycled.:slight_smile:

So that’s two. Two or three more amd there will be enough for a manga series!

My God, the girl’s name is Saga. That’s so . . . epic! It’s as epic as if there were an English kid named Epic and she did something out of an epic.

Get back to me when she pulls it out of a stone.

A Viking’s a Viking, no matter how small

… –Horton Hears a Viking by Dr. Seuss

From here: “Saga confirmed to The Local that the only person she told was her best friend, who she really trusts. Thursday was the first day she could reveal her story to her classmates, and her teacher threw a party to celebrate, handing out ice creams and showing Saga’s TV and radio interviews to the class.”

There you go bringing class into it again.

Note she’s Swedish-American. So, queen of the USofA?

If I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they’d put me away!

And a Minnesota Viking to boot!

Fake.

Had that been a true viking sword, the girl would have immediately slain her father and brother, pillaged the nearest village and began an unholy campaign of carnage and terror. Oh, and building a throne of skulls.

Hey, it would be cool to have a Queen. I’d vote for her. Do you think that she could call together the Senate and demand we have a new government? If so, I’d vote for her twice.

If she pulled it out of the lake, doesn’t that make her the moistened bint? So she has to lob it at the king, who is distinguished by the fact that he hasn’t got shit all over him. And that his mother smelled of elderberries, etc.

Regards,
Shodan

Simmer down on the Viking jokes. It’s pre-Viking.

Eh, the main difference between a Migration Era Geat and a viking was…ummm…uhhh…really not all that much ;).

Super-cool find. Saga has got quite the story and a lifetime of jokes ahead of her :D.