Dog Gone

Lost my dog this morning. Duchess, an 11-year old Boston Terrier. She had been failing for the past year or so, but last night she yipped every time she moved, and she couldn’t stand up this morning. She passed on, in her sleep, fifteen minutes before the vet appointment. Stupidest dog I have ever known. We will miss her.

I’m sorry. We’ve lost many old pets over the years, and it always, always sucks.

I’m am sorry for your loss. Sending supporting thoughts your way.

Only a dog owner can know just how much you lose when your dog passes, and even then because relationships are always personal and unique, no one can really know just how you might feel right now. I am so sorry for your loss!

It is a deep loss-- she was your baby. Lost our cat and he was failing for about a year. We both knew when it was time as you did but had to put him “to sleep”. Ours was the “smartest cat we ever knew.” And you will miss Duchess for a long time, but that is part of grieving. I feel your pain and your love for your buddy.

I feel for you :frowning: I feel for you. All part of the wonderful awful experience of owning a pet. I’m sorry for your loss. We’ve all been through it and it sucks.

I’m sorry for your loss. :frowning:

I once had a cat named Jinx who was dumb as a box of rocks - I loved her and still miss her. never met such a happy cat. I think she was just unencumbered by worry… or any other thoughts.

I’m sorry.

So sorry to hear, DrFidelius. I’m sure she was a great dog.

I caught myself missing my pussycat, Merl, this morning, and he has been gone for almost 8 years. My best friend, Merl was.

So hard, the passing of a pet. My best to you. I am sure you were an awesome pet parent and Duchess could not have been loved more.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I just gave my JRT Sammy a lick of my empty ice cream bowl in honor of your Duchess. I’m sure she had a wonderful life with you.