Don't clip your fucking fingernails in the middle of the supermarket, you pig!

I LOL’d

I have 3 co-workers that clip their nails at their desk. It absolutely drives me up the wall. It’s disgusting and the noise is maddening. I’ve asked them not to do it and they all pull the “What’s the big deal? The clippings are going into the trash.”

What I’m tempted to do is to just walk up next to their desk and begin casually masturbating.

“What? Oh, this? Don’t worry, I’ll get it into the trashcan.”

I keep a clipper and file at work for when I have to repair snags. If I’m typing and I suddenly feel that my nails are slowing me down, I stop and fix 'em.

The thought that I might be grossing out co-workers leaves me peculiarly unmoved. After all, these are the people breathing my SBDs. :slight_smile:

Well it was B. but all I did was butt in and ask what cheeses they liked and then recommended a few others that I “assured” them they would like. I then dawdled around as they went off to destroy another part of the supermarket. I grabbed all the opened cheese packs and gave them to a passing supervisor with the message that, “someone opened these and left them on the shelf.”

Mind you this was somewhere that I have only ever been twice and I am sure by local standards actually smelling the cheese is just proof that you are a connersewer.

When I was in grade school-I think it was eighth grade, a classmate used to pick his nose and wipe his boogers on the back of his chair. Once, when we switched classes, a friend of mine was sitting at his desk, and reached around to scratch her back…

…only to encounter a hand full of dried up boogers.

I couldn’t find the video of the office where everyone casually masturbates, but this should do for now. :smiley:

With all the disgusting habits of many humans, and the hordes of uncontrolled children that I see, it’s simply mind-boggling to me that people still go to steam table type restaurants. You couldn’t drag me into one of those places.

A little bit of both. Mainly if a nail starts bugging me and I’m at work then I’ll trim it. I do happen to carry nail clippers with me because my brother gave me a small pocket Swiss army knife with nail clippers and it’s on my keychain.

Is it OK if I comb my hair in the bathroom at work?
At my desk?
Outside on the sidewalk?

What about brushing my teeth? Is it OK if I do it in the bathroom at work?
Is it OK if I floss in the bathroom at work?

Is it OK for a woman to put make-up on at her desk at work?
How about in the bathroom at work?

I’m curious as to what other of my personal habits are making my more sensitive colleagues recoil in disgust.

Go for it! I double-dog dare you! Make sure you come back and post on the results.

Yeah, sure. That’s part of why there are mirrors there.

No. Get up and go to the restroom. That’s the appropriate place for your grooming activities: there’s no need to fling your dander all over.

Again: why would you? Go inside.

If you absolutely must brush your teeth, okay, fine. I understand that sometimes you have garlicy pasta for lunch, or you’ve had recent dental work, or so on. Flossing? If you’re in a stall, sure. If you’re standing at the sink…gaaaah that’s disgusting.

Again: in the bathroom, fine, but there’s no need to do it at your desk.

I’m curious as to what other of my personal habits are making my more sensitive colleagues recoil in disgust.
[/QUOTE]

I’m not trying to be a bitch, but I truly find some of these things disgusting. For one, there’s no need to do them in public. Seriously, get up one minute earlier in the morning and you can clip your nails at home. Take fifteen seconds to step into the bathroom on your way to your desk and comb your hair.

But more importantly, it just seems disrespectful to the people around you. Personal grooming and hygiene activities are just that: personal. You wouldn’t show up at work or a grocery store having just rolled out of bed, unshaven, uncombed, and without having brushed your teeth, right? Partly out of your own sense of self-respect and also out of respect for those around you, who really don’t want to see the nastier parts of people (everyone has them, we know what it’s like, there’s no need to share). It’s about boundaries between personal and public, IMO.

The bathroom is the appropriate place for grooming activities, especially ones that involve bodily waste flying around (nail clippings, spit, hair, dander). I think it’s OK to brush your teeth in the bathroom at work, as long as you clean the sink out afterwards (as in, no spit or toothpaste residue left in the sink).

The thing about clipping your nails in public is that you can’t hide it because of the loud sound it makes. It’s an annoying sound to begin with, then when people think about little shards of your fingernails flying around, it’s pretty gross.

It’s not quite as bad to touch up your makeup at your desk because it makes no noise and doesn’t generate bodily waste. So if a woman wants to reapply her lipstick after lunch, for example, I think that is OK.

LOL, I’ve seen this skit before. Genius. Probably where I got the idea.

I can understand if it’s in public, but if someone’s doing it in the bathroom, in a stall, and the only thing bothering you is the noise, then that’s stupid and petty. I don’t like the sound of farts and the smells, but that’s what a bathroom’s for.

Bodily waste? Hair and fingernails? I would hate to think what happens when people walk near a hair salon or look in the window of a hairdresser. Those are just cesspools of iniquity! People shedding disgusting body parts in public! The floor of the barber shop is like an open sewer! :slight_smile:

Flossing in a stall? I usually find a mirror handy when I’m flossing. But maybe that’s just me.

And I can’t believe that the sound of a nail clipper is that loud and upsetting. Especially if it only lasts 30 seconds. Not nearly as loud as the sound of cars driving by in the parking lot at work when I go to my car.

I asked out of curiosity, but I didn’t read anything in this thread to convince me that clipping my nails at my desk is bad. Or combing my hair outside in public. Or brushing my teeth in the bathroom at work. As far as the waste goes, I personally am more upset by the gum wrappers and paper lying around in the streets or in front of the store. Or the staples that people just let fall on the ground in the office. Or the people eating during meetings. I guess we all have our own pet peeves.

Bullshit!

I came in here to mention this. I HATE when people put their babies (seated on their diaper) on the counter and/or table in fast food (or any) restaurants.

McDonald’s seems to have this happen most frequently.

Ok - you were so incredibly disgusted by this that you just pulled a face at him? Why didn’t you ask him to stop if it offended you so much?

They were only fingernails. It’s not like he was flicking anthrax coated hand grenades that he’d been storing up his ass.

t

Even though I don’t find it disgusting or annoying when other people do it, I’ve learned that clipping my nails in public is just Not Done. With the exception a broken, really jagged nail – in which case I’ll hold it up, audibly comment on how ragged it is and how it’s snagging my clothes, and then proceed to do an absolute minimum to clean it up. Sometimes that does mean clippers are needed, but oh well, I’m not going to snag up good clothes just because hearing the sound of a clip or two horrifies someone else. And I do try to hold onto the clippings and throw them out properly later.

People are disgusting, though. Years ago, before they started sealing cottage cheese tubs with that plastic seal under the lid, I watched in horror as a woman at a supermarket proceeded to open every single cottage cheese container on the store shelves, sniff each one, then replace the lid and move on. I was young enough I didn’t know what to do; now I’d (a) speak up and (b) call a manager over. But that taught me to be very, very careful of products that are capable of being opened in a store, so I’m another one who fishes at the back/up high for what is hopefully untouched (except by store personnel, obviously).

These days I can clip my nails or do any other annoying personal habit at my desk without a thought, but that’s because I’m self-employed. Nobody to bother but my husband, who’s in the next room, and the dogs, whose own personal habits are nothing to write home about.

Sorry, but if I see that I am sporting a zit that needs to be popped or it will scare my co-workers, I will evacuate it at work. We have one-person bathrooms so I’m never doing it in front of everyone. If it hits the mirror, I clean it with a soapy towel. I also wash my hands thoroughly after this or any other bathroom activities.

Sometimes it needs to be done when it needs to be done.

Big mistake. What you should do is attach a little webcam to your computer, and do this live on a website that charges people to see it. Instant profit$$$$!!!

Hmm…you know I’ve never looked behind the mirror… :eek: