Don't include me in your CotW!

You ignorant war hungry fuck, you currently have 3 (or 4 depending on who you believe) countries involved in your invasion of Iraq. You also have a large number of countries who have allowed you to use their airspace for military purposes. That does not give you the right to include me and the millions of other people who are against this war, who happen to live in those countries, in your count of 1.1 billion people represented by the Coalition of the Willing in an attempt to show that a huge proportion of the world is on your side.

(I don’t know who he is, he was an American giving a speach on TV)

BREAKING NEWS WE INTERUPT THE CURRENT BREAKING NEWS TO TELL YOU THAT A HELICOPTER HAS CRASHED… IN KUWAIT!!

There’s a war going on and you act shocked when a helicopter crashes in friendly territory with 4+ people on board! It wasn’t even shot down! Aircraft crash all the fucking time. “No one expects these things” - Peter Jennings. Dumb fucker, IT’S A FUCKING WAR! Exactly what were you expecting.

How about the shock and amazement that the Iraqis are firing back at our troops? :eek:

You were expecting them to not report that some of our troops tragically died? 17 people on board.

And yeah, I agree, the count is dishonest.

Well, I would expect that an aircraft crashing might not be “BREAKING NEWS” nor “unexpected”. Normally a civilian airliner crashing and killing hundreds would at least wait for a break in programming, and would probably wait for the standard evening news. It would also be quite unexpected. I don’t see an accident that happens during a war as either unexpected or so newsworthy as to interrupt the current breaking news.