Dopefest at the KC Zoo - time for some sweet monkey love?

Who else needs to be outed? I knew with this group of people I wasn’t the only one who was weird. :slight_smile:

And while I am thinking about it now, I can’t rule out any of the fallowing people:

SkipMagic
auntie em
Horseflesh
sperfur
withaK
Baker
Erika or
Mirror Image egamI rorriM

because their usernames all begin with a letter.

Well, I actually thought about meeting up with other dopers since you’re so close to my house.

But…I’m outta town on the 19th.

Hope you all have a great time

Bubba

Yes, I’m still under your desk. But MY desk is in Lee’s Summit

I wondered who was under the desk rubbing my feet when I sat down to read the boards today. Thanks BubbaDog :smiley:

Oh, and I should also say
I am so sorry you won’t be able to join us. Its always nice to meet new dopers.

You live in the zoo? That’s so cool.

C’mon, we need more dopers with animal themed names. What could be more important than meeting up with some “of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks?” All the cool dopers are going. Heck, even SkipMagic’s going.

I know who it was! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll give you another clue. The name has at least one vowel in it. Or maybe its a consonant. I can’t remember now.

It closes at 4:00, and according to misstee it can take all day to see all of it. I’d suggest we get there not too long after opening time, between 9 and 10 am.

Shoot, I won’t be able to go. 'Bout the time it opens I’ll be riding herd on the little heathens in my Sunday School class. Oh well, maybe we can do Noah and the Ark as a sub. Two years ago I played Bill Cosby’s version for them. I’m a cool Sunday school teacher

*NOAH! I want you to build…an ark.

Riiiiiight. What’s an ark?

I want you to make it 40 cubits by 40 cubits.

Riiiiiight. What’s a cubit?*

That is my favorite Bill Cosby piece. You do sound like a cool Sunday School teacher.

We will miss you lots, Baker!

Well, call me a big fat “maybe”; I’m going to try to convince my mother that she really really really wants to drive me and the chilluns to the zoo on the 19th; failing that, I’m out. Actually, we talked all summer about going to the zoo or something with the kids, but we could never work our schedules around to it; this might be the perfect excuse for us to dump the hubbies and just do it. I’ll ask her in the morning.

Do they have a petting zoo? Bunnies and goats and llamas, oh my…

:smiley:

Provided your name isn’t Roy, you’re free to pet any tigers you come in contact with. The penguins are fun, but awful slippery. And dance lessons with the ostriches are not to be missed.

However, you are more than free to pet any uncaged Dopers you meet (you just knew that was coming, didn’t you?), but keep the kids well back. Dopers tend to hiss and spit at the sight of young’uns.

You know what’s scary? How do you tell them from normal people?

They’re just going to be out there, wandering around, trying to blend in…

I guess we’ll just have to pet everyone we meet. Is heavy petting permitted? Or did I totally misunderstand Marlithan’s petting zoo concept?

[hijack]

This is hilarious - only one (maybe two?) people in this thread will get why this is so funny:

Remo stopped short. He had hit the boy. Whatever had blocked him from striking a child, he had overcome. Like a dog with a toy, he slapped the back of Charley’s head again. And again.

I’m laughing my ass off here. I love this series.

The kids were trying to kill Remo, so if you don’t get it, please don’t get offended.

It’s 5:21 Sunday morning and I’m up reading. For some reason this doesn’t bother me. Does anyone want a peanut butter cup?

[/hijack]

[hijack again]

I notice Horseflesh can’t sleep either.

I called several places looking for those Crunchy Cookie Peanut Butter Cups for you before the Columbia dopefest. Can’t find any anywhere. I even called the candy supply place the cafeteria in our building uses. No such luck.

Can’t seem to get my mind off peanut butter cups. Guess I need to buy stock in Reece’s…

[/hijack]

Thanks for the effort, sperf. I don’t think they make the crunchy cups any more. Damn candy conspiracy.

I did eat an Inside-Out Cup the other day. Ugh. They got the design right the first time. I got my fix today (well, Saturday) with a Big Cup. If you see the Honey Roasted ones, grab one for me.

misstee has a kitten named Reeses. In fact, it sounds like she has a house full of candy bar cats.

Good book? Not that I know who Remo is. Or why he’s smacking Charley. My son and I played Bloody Knuckles at the park today. Uh, yesterday.

Yes, yes. I’m going to bed now.

Good morning, everyone!

Its a beautiful day out!

It seems my mom is up for the road trip to KC and the zoo. So when composing a list of all that will be attending, you can add missmom.

I am off to work, I will be back more in 12 hours or so.

[size-1]Looks like we found someone to watch the kids at the llama cage[/size]

I need some people to come to my house and drink all this left over beer. Who’s up for a November dopefest? I’m thinking November 15th.

You guys are too much fun to only see 3 or 4 times a year. :smiley:

I’m watching the Muppet Movie - I think Kermit and Miss Piggy just had sex in the last scene. :eek:

I just watched a two hour movie to get a corny one-liner. :smiley:

Now I’ve got the giggles.

This thread is not nearly as chatty as the last one. Where is everybody? Do I have to threaten to squish bananas into someone’s hair to get some participation? :dubious:

S’up?