Doper memes that I wish would just go away

I don’t mind any of the Doper memes, really. They give the Dope its own special flavor and are part of our common parlance. Like anything else, they can be overused or done to death, of course, but c’mon, it’s easy enough to move on.

Has anyone seen my treadmill…?

I’m with you on the squid, but I cannot in good conscience align myself against pie.

The “Band Name” thing is actually from Dave Barry, who is my personal savior. So it’s always okay :slight_smile:

I have nothing against pie, make no mistake! But the meme is just so overdone. And no one ever brings back pie!

^^This. Take away the memes and this place is boring.

More a reflex.

Og.

Monster in the garage? What’s that?

I hate the meme that there are so many cat lovers on this board. There are too many people that proclaim to love cats, welcome their feline overlords, etc for it to be true.

They are all a bunch of closeted dog lovers.

Signing posts when your username already clearly identifies you.

(Actually it doesn’t bother me so much, but ripe targets, easy pickings etc.)

Regards,

mmm

I think the answer is Dio by Diogenes Diogenes.

I think it is actually a dragon in the garage. And I think he is usually purple. It comes up regularly when religion is discussed, and it goes something like this:

Shirley: “How can you be certain there is no God?”
Curley: “How can you be certain there is no purple dragon in your garage?”
mmm

I’m sorry.

Regards

Shodan

Nothing comes to mind.

I knew this one was coming; I was just surprised it took 30 posts. :smiley:
mmm

Nope, nothing at all.

I like the memes, although I don’t like the word, “meme.”

I didn’t mind it until I found out it was pronounced meem, which just sounds stupid. Up until then, in my head, it was always pronounced maim. (Don’t know why, it just was).

These aren’t memes, I don’t think, and they’re definitely not special to this board but when people use the phrases “rinse, repeat” (unless talking about something you need to repeatedly rinse) and “Anyone? Bueller?” (unless talking about the movie Ferris Buellerr’s Day Off) it really pisses me off. Like, a lot.

Sadly, I see it a lot more often now since they started pissing me off.

I always think you’re giving a “That sure tastes good” approval to each of your posts.

Me too.

:smiley: