Dopers who long to kill, or fantasize about killing, certain groups of strangers

I mean, “other places” would include literally thousands of movies, the archetypes being Death Wish, Dirty Harry, Rambo

My initial thought is that any thread discussing cyclists or protests will have at least a few posters advocating that the primary function of the automobile is to mow down other humans that are not in automobiles.

Goddammit, I read this far, and thought, “WillFarnaby’s posting again,” then went and checked, and realized I was reading Scumpup. Waste of time.

Fun fact, though: Scumpup can anagram into PP mucus.

Several months back DavidwithaBanhammer pitted the guy who killed the only guy who had a proven track record in murdering the president.

Goodness me, Scumpup features prominently in this thread too.

(which I was able to search up because I remembered so vividly that people were vile in it, not particularly WHICH people were vile. In case you’re wondering)

Shout out to Shagnasty too, who reaches a higher Genocide Body Count in that thread than any of the other candidates so far

I thought you were kidding, or that what he said wouldn’t actually be that bad. Nope:

Seems like a weird pit thread, you are selecting a general topic that needs pitting and then we all name names, and we create a Message Board “Black List” or something? That’s not like most pit threads I’ve ever seen.

Violent fantasies is sort of an interesting topic though, I’ve read stuff about how the same people that end up killing people or doing mass shootings, or just violent fantasies in general where they are the bad guy, often are the same people who have fantasies of being the hero, and the good guy that saves the day, the fantasy must satisfy something the person craves, I guess just power, domination, fear, respect?

It’s meant to be like the other omnibus threads. And I agree that it’s an interesting topic.

:eek:

It’s entertaining how many right-wingers assume liberals don’t own guns. :wink:

Squirt guns don’t count. :wink:

I keed, I keed.

At least when we make bombs, they go off.

And by the way, Jack Ruby deserves pitting. Not for the reason cited but for denying the country the chance to learn from the source if Oswald actually was the assassin, and if he acted alone or as part of a large group.

I’ll bet any and everything the HD longs for the day to be able to shoot someone. Anyone. Though preferably brown people. He WANTS someone to knock on his door wrong. Or accidentally step foot in his yard. I’ve known too many idiots with fantasies like that. The question with them isn’t “without a gun, how will you protect yourself if someone breaks in?” It’s “without a gun, if someone breaks in, how are you going to shoot them?”

I just want to say that the very eloquent thread title is wonderful and gives me the warm fuzzies.

I don’t want to kill people, but I think America is so divided that we’d be better off if we could have 2 different governments. Like if all the urban areas could form one unified nation and all the rural areas form their nation and we live by different laws. The divide isnt’ blue vs red states, its urban vs rural.

I think we’d get along better if that happened.

https://knpr.org/knpr/2017-01/fearing-trump-supporters-now-liberals-are-buying-guns

I think a lot of right wingers assume liberals would passively cower in fear while a bunch of elderly baby boomers used pistols and shotguns to try to establish a neofascist, white nationalist ethnostate.

If you watch videos like this, when a white right winger pulls a gun, people aren’t afraid they way they are thinking they will be. People know they are fighting for decency, democracy, rule of law, etc. at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVDXXjqo66w

You specifically solicited the naming of names, you slimy self-righteous POS. Omnibus thread, my ass. Your goal is to drive people from the board. When did this place become about enemies lists?

[quote=“Wesley_Clark, post:38, topic:829966”]

https://knpr.org/knpr/2017-01/fearing-trump-supporters-now-liberals-are-buying-guns

I think a lot of right wingers assume liberals would passively cower in fear while a bunch of elderly baby boomers used pistols and shotguns to try to establish a neofascist, white nationalist ethnostate.

If you watch videos like this, when a white right winger pulls a gun, people aren’t afraid they way they are thinking they will be. People know they are fighting for decency, democracy, rule of law, etc. at this point.

[/QUOTE]

I know plenty of “elderly baby boomers” who are absolutely against a “neofascist white nationalist ethnostate”, and I also know of many young people who would be for it. This idea that it’s all the baby boomers acting this way is bullshit.

(In fact, the majority of the boomers in my family are rabidly anti-Trump. My dad’s starting to get a little TOO radical, in fact. It’s kind of annoying)

Your suggestion is extremely close to my suggestion (way back when I was in high school, decades ago) for peace in Israel/Palestine.

I love you as I love all Dopers, and I hope all Dopers want to improve themselves, as I do. None of us are perfect and all of us have things we can improve, such as (perhaps) recognizing weaknesses within ourselves like a possible unconscious desire for bloodshed.

Best wishes and love to you and your family!