So I was perusing this thead about things Dopers tend to overstate, and I noticed some commentary within about how Dopers tend to be of above-average intelligence. Someone therein made a comment (which I am quite liberally paraphrasing here) about how we degree-laden Dopers should be mindful that there are millions of folks out there who haven’t even obtained high school diplomas.
While I know I couldn’t compare to some of the many brilliant contributors to this board, I do know that I have somewhat higher intelligence than the average member of the population. And yet, I never really pursued a college degree. I figure there must be a few other Dopers who have not or did not obtain degrees for various reasons, and I’m wondering how the folks who fall into that category have managed in their jobs and careers since they’ve been of the age where they potentially would have graduated from college. I’d love it if you would share your stories. For that matter, are there Dopers who did not complete a high school education?
Please share as little or as much as you care to – I realize that this might be a sensitive topic for some. I’ve encounter some bias based on my lack of a degree, but I’ve managed to find or create valuable positions for myself in small companies that have kept me gainfully employed, so I wouldn’t say I’ve really suffered as a result of not graduating.
I appreciate your commentary!

). I couldn’t dump the kids of course, so the study went westward.