Dorm medicine

I don’t have anything remotely resembling a stocked medicine cabinet and, as it’s 1 am right now, everything is closed.

I drank a lot of V8, and the acid has given me heartburn. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it? Will just water help?

My sister once told me that advil works especially well with hangovers. Compared with other stuff like Tylenol, is this true?

Time to study till the stores open.

The obvious answer: DON’T DRINK V8! :smiley:

I’d recommend drinking water too. If there’s nothing else open, drink a load of water and go to bed. At least you’ll wake up bright and early for when the store opens.

Does your dorm have a kitchen, and can you get in? A teaspoonful of baking soda (NOT baking powder) in a glass of water will help a lot; otherwise, water will help, but not as much.

In a dorm? Got to be plenty of chalk around the school, no? There should be some building open late.

[Homer] mmmm… chalk late… ahhgghhggaaahgghaa[/Homer]

I have to disagree with you on that, Daowajan.

This stuff is like a meal in a glass. I love it.

You should turn your hate towards Clamato. Seriously.

But no, I have neither baking soda nor a kitchen.

The water appears to be working, at any rate.

A lot of people thought so. That was the first pit thread I’ve ever seen that turned into a recipe-sharing thread.

I’ve never tasted Clamato and don’t intend to. Ugh.

As was mentioned, BAKING SODA is a capital remedy for sour stomach. One teaspoon in about 4 oz of water works fine, but I recommend substituting carbonated H20 or mineral water. In my experience, Calistoga water is superb. The fizziness precisely duplicates the effect of Brioschi, an OTC remedy that is, alas, difficult to find in many locales…

The relief is INSTANT. The downside is sodium overload, which may be of concern to those who must restict their intake of sodium.