Dougie_monty is an immoral cultist

Not So Humble Opinion.

Okay. Let’s give you the benefit of the doubt here, and ask the same question again.

Do you see anything wrong with throwing your under-age son out on the streets and shunning him completely from your family and community due to drinking and premarital sex?

Remember when you thought I was jumping to conclusions when I thought you were an isolated 12-yr old? This.

Yeah, pretty much this. Don’t know why ostracism would even be considered, seeing as this isn’t the 19th century.

I’ll tell you what I wouldn’t do - throw her out on the street and instruct all of my friends and relatives not to communicate with her! Because, yanno, that would be the action of a deranged sociopath with absolutely no sense of right or wrong. Or a devout JW. Take your pick. It serves no purpose - it fails punitively because it’s punishing something which is not inherently immoral; it fails preventatively because it does nothing to encourage the child to change the behavior; it fails a basic “be a decent fucking human being” test… I’d probably talk about things like the risks involved in sex, fostering a sense of self-worth, dealing with peer pressure… You know, be a parent. Act like a fucking parent. And Loach, I see where you’re coming from but respectfully disagree. This guy needs to see that what he’s advocating, what his religion proscribes… It’s not even remotely fucking acceptable. Not in the slightest.

…Christ, are you sure you aren’t 12?

Not at all - Drunky’s just needling people.

I certainly do. Is that supposed to gain the parents anything, other than a possible charge of child abandonment (if he is still a minor)?

Now, I am not sure about exactly with whom the notion to commit such a drastic act originated, or under what (alleged) authority.

I take pride in a vivid imagination. I never heard the word “facials” in such a context; but I picked up interesting odds and ends over my teenage and young adult years. This is not to say I approve of them; but you must have seen “They’re welcome to it” in an earlier post of mine. In this regard I am undeniably, geometrically, square.

Well thank you. That makes you a hell of a lot better than that jackass elder and his sect. You really ought to work on communicating better.

…says the guy who like to fuck mentally disabled minors.

You’d be uniquely qualified to counsel girls who are victims of sex crimes given that you’ve admitted on this board to being a sex offender yourself.

sigh

I did know one JW who was disfellowshipped when her husband beat her so bad she was admitted to the hospital. Some members of the “church” visited her in the hospital and told her to “forgive” her husband and not to press charges, as it was really her fault for being a “bad wife.” I told her she was idiot if she did so, as she was giving him permission to beat her in the future (my standard response in these situations).

When she did file charges and refused to go back to the man who assaulted her, the “church” threw her out.

I read in the Lego Bible that if they did the sex out in the pastures or wilderness it could be defined as rape, but if they sexed INSIDE of the city walls she is a filthy consenting whore, because only a filthy consenting whore wouldn’t scream for help loud enough to summon her brothers to stone the man. It only mentions stoning though, not disfellowship.

You don’t have to approve or like facials. They aren’t to everybody’s taste, so to speak. But if you had at least heard of them, you would have shown some sign of worldly knowledge. You get points for hanging around with us heathens, but you come off sounding like a child from the past century a lot of times.

Are you limited from outside exposure? Are you forbidden to read secular works? Do your masters approve of you interacting with the lie-spewing hellspawn of SDMB?

…early in the morning?

Do you have documentation for this? Names of people, dates, places, name of congregation, official reason for expulsion?

Lego Bible? ?:confused:

I have made it clear that nobody has ever inhibited my choice of reading material. There is no Thought Police restricting my reading or research; I have read matter from * The Invisible Man * by Ralph Ellison, to Archie Comic Digests, to * Mad *. And I have read the Bible (I have several versions) five times.

As far as content of the SDMB is concerned, well, it pales in comparison to what I’ve seen on rest room walls. And if THAT doesn’t faze me…

That was so funny I forgot to laugh. :rolleyes:

Jesus H. Christ, doug. Can you every admit that the JW’s just once made a mistake? Of course, they cannot admit to it. Even in 1975