Dpause Apause Mpause Npausespace IpauseT

I did both of the things suggested in the above link. No luck. Time for a new 'puter, I guess.

The issue you describe - you say it’s fine on the “Go” bar, but entering text in a web form text box, it’s real jerky.

You actually use the words “active window” - does this occur with ANY OTHER programs, or just Internet Explorer?

critter42

I’ve only see it in IE.

Word = ok
Excel = ok
Windows calculator = ok
Windows Run Box = ok
Outlook Calendar, Contacts, and Email = ok

I’ve experienced a similar problem when a teacher of mine asked me to proofread, edit, and print a proposal for her. I’m relatively sure it’s just a memory thing and I’ve got no clue how to fix it. Typing’s still fully functional, but boy is it annoying and it sure sucks when you’ve got an error but don’t see it until you’re two sentences past it.
P.S.: On my PC in my room, on rare occasion, this happens to me at www.ask.com

That is the only time on my home PC that I’ve ever encountered this problem.

Noone is having any luck with the article I suggested? That’s surprising, since I admin around 100 machines, and this happens often.

Wowee. Sorry it didn’t help.

Rysdad, I just have to say that I love your sig, and I’m glad the thread title isn’t your username–although it is great.

And,um, I don’t have anything to contribute, but this is a very useful thread.

I’ll go now.

Location, not sig.
:smack:
P.S. Good luck!

I switched from IE to Netscape. Seems to work just fine.

I thought I posted to this page when it first appeared, but - me too.

It’s obviously an IE problem, not a computer problem. It happens only in text-entering boxes on certain IE pages. Search boxes mostly but also the text boxes here at the Dope.

I did all the correction stuff connected with IE listed here and at other pages and none of them work.

It does not happen in Netscape, in which I am writing this.

Oh sure, you say that now!

:smiley:

Check out The CoolWebSearch Chronicles, it discusses a rapidly spreading spyware program that is not yet detectable by AdAware or Spybot. One of the symptoms is massive IE slowdown, especially when typing into forms. There is a removal tool on the bottom of that page called CWShredder.exe that will clean all the files and registry entries related to CoolWebSearch.

This is a test.

I went to that site and downloaded the fix. And now I am typing into an IE text box and seeing no slowdown whatsoever!

Just went over to Amazon and typed into the Search box. Letters, I see letters!

By jove, I think you got it!

Fear Itself, you are a genius!

Yes. Yes I am. :wink:

The link works wonders.

Thanks!

Hallelujah! Praise Allah! Hot Damn! It worked!

typetypetypetype wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I can type again without waiting 10 minutes for the letters to appear!

This is so beyond cool.

Fear, you unquestionably rule! Mare sea beaux coo!

[Costanza]
Alright, that’s it for me. You’ve been great. Goodnight everybody!!
[/Costanza]

Please don’t use Windows 98.