Dragon Girl in Fantasy Land

I came across this site while looking for the name of the dragon in "The Never Ending Story (it’s Falkor, btw). I was enjoying what she had to say until this paragraph (or two):

Right. 'Cause that’s what a real T-Rex would’ve done millions of years ago. Hmmm…

Here’s the link to her site, if you’re curious: http://www.motley-focus.com/~timber/dragonlove.html

I used to think the world was against me. Now I know better. Some of the smaller countries are neutral.

Laura’s Stuff and Things

It’s hard to tell if she’s serious or if she’s being facetious (sp?). Reminds me of something I read once. Basically, a female department head at some college, the head of some department such as “Asian Women’s Studies,” had two plastic recycling bins outside her office, one for “Plain Paper” and one for “Colored Paper.” Some wiseacre came by and replaced the latter sign with “Paper of Color.” Well, Dr. Watzername sent an editorial to the college newspaper: “I don’t think this is funny…”

hee hee hee

The affectionate and loving t-rex has been done. It’s purple, and it sings “I love you, you love me…” and it should be shot.

Sure, I could see it. The T Rex is finicky, and wanted to taste the kid first, to make sure he was ripe…

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Shooting’s too good for him, Dex, I say we bind him with duct tape and set him on fire.

Reality is for people who can’t handle drugs.

-Tom Waits

Yep, I checked out the site. Girl’s definitely got too much time on her hands. Her parents should make her get a newspaper route or something! :wink:

Let’s hope she never visits Yellowstone Park and decides to play with one of the big fuzzy bears.

She wants to have it both ways: to be impressed with the majesty of a creature that evolved to be brutal predator (or scavenger, as it’s now suggested), but to have it turn out to be kindwy and wuffable.

It won’t work that way. If you like dragons, T-Rexes and so on, you must accept that they would just as soon eat you as look at you.

I thought the T-Rex was a sympathetic character. . . he did eat the lawyer, after all.
– Sylence

And now, for my next trick, I will talk in spooky half-references.

I was rooting for the dinos during the whole movie. :slight_smile:

I hate you, you hate me,
let’s hang Barney from a tree.
With a nick nack paddywack,
give a dog a bone,
let’s not take ole Barney home.
thank you very much, we’ll be in town all week

I hate you, you hate me,
Let’s get together and shoot Barney!
With a great big bang,
Barney hits the floor!
No more more purple dinosaur!

I hate you, you hate me,
let’s hang Barney from a tree
with a knife in his back
and a bullet in his head,
aren’t you glad that damned thing’s dead?