DrDeth's suspension

Ah, the don’t be a jerk rule. Or is it the don’t be a conservative or don’t advocate for gun rights rule? Or don’t support Trump or be against masks? Or better yet, redefine trolling to mean anyone who says anything you don’t like?

That seems to be the “new moderation.” If there was something substantive about these old posters that justify a banning/suspensions after all of these years, can you point to it, or would you at least be honest and say you just don’t want us around anymore? Can you even count the number of conservative posters you’ve either banned or run off? Is it just a coincidence that the “don’t be a jerk” rule has made this board largely a left wing echo chamber? Can you/anyone admit that is the result you want?

I checked out that thread.

First of all, I guess I owe What_Exit a apology. He never said anything bad out me there. OTOH, now I know where he got this weird idea that I am a horrible poster with some sort of “pattern”- form all the lies, half lies and innuendoes there. Anyone reading that would assume I am just the most horrible poster ever- except of course- people can & do lie in the Pit. And of course, he does post in that other MB where they live for nasty stuff about the members here. So he gets weird ideas about the members here, how bad we are.

And I do have a question: It is Ok to pit public persons, of course. It is Ok to pit posters. But it is Ok to spread lies and nasty shit about a posters relatives- his dead father? I distinctly remember someone getting in trouble once for saying nasty things about a posters kids. My dad was a veteran of WW2, buried in Veterans Cemetery. No big hero, he did his part. It is really Ok to say nasty shit about him? is that how low people have stooped? Ok, go ahead and make up lies about me- they worked. Congratulations! You got me suspended with those lies!

So Wolfpup, I guess I can thank you for asking me to check it out- I learned that some posters here are vile and loathsome online harassers. For that I will likely get warned. But attacking my father? That’s low.

So I see what is happening, a pattern of driving anyone out whose opinion differs from yours. PIT them, lie about them, and turn the staff against them.

Maybe it’s the “You don’t get to lower the bar everyone else has to rise to just because you wear a “conservative” badge” rule?

Then I’m sure you will agree with me that the “you hate brown people” arguments in every GD thread will be modded in the future?

You were suspended because you consistently derail threads. We don’t think that you are doing it intentionally, otherwise we would have banned you. But your disruptions are consistent enough that something needs to be done about it.

You keep blaming others, when you need to change your behavior. The fact that you refuse to even consider that you are the problem indicates to us that you are not likely to change, and that’s unfortunate. When we tell you that there is a problem, what we are looking for is for you to change the bad behavior. When a long-term poster gets banned, it is almost always because they have consistently refused to change the behavior that they have been moderated for.

Every time that you are moderated for anything at all, you are extremely consistent in that you refuse to acknowledge that you have an issue and you refuse to change your behavior. That’s not good.

I really hope at some point you will stop blaming others and start changing your behavior. Your posting privileges here may depend on it.

You would first need to show they exist. I haven’t seen them, so I suspect you are misunderstanding what is being argued.

Moderator Note

This has nothing at all to do with DrDeth’s suspension. Drop the hijack. This isn’t a thread for you to whine about your tired topic of moderator bias. Make it directly relatable to the topic at hand or take it elsewhere.

Never mind.

I never admit I am wrong, eh?

You did. Anything else I say will be off topic and modded. We can only agree.

You must be over at this other place a lot to know what everyone there “lives” for. Which means you must live for it too.

So instead of giving some indication that you get the point behind what a moderator is trying to tell you, you choose instead to just argue.

Well, at least your consistent.

Once again:

We’re looking for change, not arguments. You consistently give us arguments.

Does the board no longer post the links to what the poster did wrong as I noted earlier?

Yea, you clearly just admitted you were wrong and didn’t try to blame others for your ‘wrongness’. No sir, you certainly didn’t blame anyone else for you being wrong.

We generally post links for suspension announcements and ban announcements. This thread is neither.

Is there another thread I should look for as to Dr Deth’s suspension? Or my two? One of which was reversed?

DrDeth’s suspension was a 24 hour suspension so that other mods could review the situation. Those types of suspensions usually don’t get an announcement.

What do your suspensions have to do with this thread?

I’ll drop it if they do not pertain to this thread.

I apologized right here in this thread. Isnt that change? I mean, if you want me to change form the total asshole that I am pictured as in the PIT thread, I cant do that, because that is not real. I also cant change from the “pattern” that What_Exit has “found” since that is imaginary. Come on, he posted in that gun control thread that he kicked me out of- for using the exact same debate technique that you did. You cant think that is right.

I have done one other thing, which no one has noticed. I saw that I was recently only replying here to disagree. So, I have made a point of remembering to agree also, because if all you do is disagree, well that is disagreeable.

Now, I have stopped reporting posts. I will see if that helps. That seems to annoy you guys. I will stay out of the next gun control thread, unless requested. I will try to be more agreeable, and i will try not to be baited. Maybe that will help.

But when people make up a totally false idea of what i am, and you want me to change from that, i can’t.

If you actually say “please stop doing X” and X is a thing I do, i will try to not do it. Colibri asked me not to report posts as “trolling” so I dont. It didnt make him happy, but ah well.

All you have to do is ask. Threats first is not the way to go.

My emphases:

You’re doing “admitting I am wrong” wrong.

ETA: Or, what @crowmanyclouds said.

I see open mocking - in a Pit thread. I don’t think that qualifies as “lies”

But you brought your Dad into your arguments. More than once.