Dresden Files fans- costume advice needed..

Please. :slight_smile:

I will be going as Leansidhe at our work party Friday. I have ordered green cats’ eyes contacts, and will be digging my (green) wedding dress out, but I’m struggling with the rest of the accessories. Lea is a member of the Winter Court, but she’s consistently described as wearing green, so would I be out of order using flowers to keep my hair back? How about shoes? Jewelry? Obviously steel/iron/etc is right out, but any other thoughts?

If I thought he’d behave, I’d paint my English Pointer black and drag him around with me, but he’s a bit flighty. :smiley:

Thanks!

Addendum: If anyone can point to a Butcher-approved pronunciation of Leansidhe, it would be much appreciated.

I don’t know of a Butcher-approved pronunciation, but this article in Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leanan_s%C3%ADdhe taken with this article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidhe#The_s.C3.ADdhe:_abodes_of_the_aes_s.C3.ADdhe leads me to believe that it should be pronounced something like “Lee-annan-shee” or “Lay-annan-shee”
Oh, and please post pics once you have the costume together. It sounds neat!

In Summer Knight, Harry describes her wearing a belt “made from a twisted braid of silken threads of gold” and toting a “dark-handled knife” in a loop of the belt. A quick flip through some other Dresden books at hand fails to reveal anything else in the way of Lea’s accessories. I don’t think emeralds would be at all out of place, in any application. From the descriptions of of Lea’s other outfits, it looks like she knows how to put together complimentary colors and effects (YMMV on the magical aspects of recreating her wardrobe); seems to prefer greens and blues of varying shades.

A paraphrase from Goethe: If you can do a thing, or think you can, begin it. Beginning has genius, power, & magic in it. (No quotes because it’s a paraphrase).

From the Bible, Psalm 23: "The Lord is my shephard, so I’ll not want. You make me lie down in green pastures; You lead me beside still waters. You restore my soul. You guide me in paths of righteousness for Your name’s sake. Even when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me. Your rod & your staff comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows. Surely goodness & love will follow me all the days of my life & I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Paul in Saudi, 1st Corinthians 13th Chapter is mention-worthy.

One last quote: “I cannot live without books.” Thomas Jefferson

Love, Phil

Thanks for the input! I picked up some odds-and-ends today, so hopefully everything will fall into place.

Offkenter, I’m usually on the other side of the camera, but I’ll see if I can wrangle one of my coworkers into taking a shot or two. :slight_smile: