Driving while picking your nose?

Why is it that people pick there nose while they are driving? Is the view better from the rear view mirror???

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

That is definitely the question of the day… in the morning when im driving to work… nothing grosses me out more than to be at a red light, singing my heart out, fantasizing that im Amanda Marshall or some other singer, and look over and see a deep digger…it makes me wanna smile and stick my finger up my nose too… maybe its a secret code that i dont know about… i think tomorrow ill try it. Ill keep you posted

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

Repeat offender, here.

For some reason, my nose instantly goes dry when I get into my car… I suppose it’s basic human instinct to take care of that as quickly and efficiently as possible.

I try to be discreet, though… :slight_smile:

“ChrisCTP-…the sweetheart of the SDMB…” --Diane
Chris’ Homepage: Domestic Bliss

It’s okay, as long as you remember…

You can pick your nose…
You can pick who sits in the passenger’s seat…
But you CAN’T pick the person in the passenger seat’s nose!

Yer pal,
Satan

I always thought it went:

You can pick your friends,
You can pick your nose,
But you can’t pick your friend’s nose
UNLESS
You’re really good friends.

“ChrisCTP-…the sweetheart of the SDMB…” --Diane
Chris’ Homepage: Domestic Bliss

Guilty as charged.

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

It was just an itch! I swear!

looks to the left… then to the right… then gives you all the good morning secret code…

and we can only fly by
embracing one another

Because scratching your ass when you drive is a cast iron bitch.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Which reminds me:

Q: Why do women rub their eyes when they wake up in the morning ?

A: Because they’ve got no balls to scratch.

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

I ummmm… nah forget it

and we can only fly by
embracing one another

No, no, no. It’s:

You can pick your friends,
and you can pick your nose,
but you can’t wipe your friends on the sofa.

Get it right! Geez . . .

“Damn, it’d be like two days at Disneyland without the kids!” - Comment by a male friend the first time he saw a picture of me and my breasts.

Ah, phrasing…it should be ‘picking your nose while driving…’

Phrasing is important. IE: Someone once asked the Pope if it was okay to smoke when praying & he said no. Then they asked if it ws okay to pray when smoking & he said yes…

That’s why I paid $100 to get my windows tinted. Now I can pick at will.

Ty Webb: I like you Betty.
Danny Noonan: That’s Danny, sir.

Ahh yes Handy you are quite correct… and I do believe it should be “their” too…apoligizes for having her grammer check turned off so late at night

I must admit… I have enjoyed the variations on the theme of friends and nosepicking but I still am puzzled by why the “car”?.. Is it because they feel that being behind glass and metal they are invisible to the public eye and therefor will not receive a note from Miss Manners on proper public etiquette… or is it written somewhere in the Dept of Motor Vehicle’s handbook that boogers on the steering wheel keep one’s hands firmly in place and therefore prevent accidents? These are just a few of the questions this blonde mind ponders…

things.” --Edgar Degas

Cripes, PCW, you don’t put them on the STEERING wheel! You put them on the CARPET under the SEAT! I mean, um, that’s what my, ah, friend told me…

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs. – E. Grebenik

Oh, so there is a manual on where people are supposed to put them? Doesn’t eating them occur in the manual? Note to Self: The boy swallows quite a bit of snot every day automatically.

*PurpleCrackwhore: Why is it that people pick there nose while they are driving? *

This is unacceptable practice. One should wait and come to a complete stop before picking one’s nose. :slight_smile:

=====
Everybody got to elevate from the norm - Rush

That sounds like sound advice AWB… after all it is hard to control the wheel when one hand is picking your nose and the other is holding the cell phone.

things.” --Edgar Degas