DuckTales Nintendo game is BACK, and looks amazing

Story with trailier here.

Holy crap I’m excited about this. The original NES game is one of my all-time favorite games and it looks like Capcom really did a good job of re-creating the experience of that original game. The trailer is really fun too, made me feel like I’m 14 again.

DuckTales was the first game I bought with my own saved money. I still remember being in Toys 'R Us and asking for that game. Great game and music. Today’s announcement made me feel 10 years old again.

Enjoyed the original, but I’m not very impressed by the refresh. It looks like the same game in forced 3D.

It looks like there are at least a couple new levels. I wouldn’t pay much more than $15 for it, but if it’s cheap, I’m in.

It’s still 2D. The backgrounds have some more “depth” to them, but the game is still a 2D platformer.

I think that’s exactly the price. It’ll be on PS3, XBox 360, and Wii U.

Here’s an article with a little more info.

I don’t remember this game being that popular back in the day. It was all about Zelda, Super Mario Bros., Metroid, Punch Out and others.

I played the crap out of this game back in the day.

That does look pretty awesome.

I’d like to see a remake of the Darkwing Duck game. And there was a Mickey Mouse game on the Sega Genesis whose name escapes me that I remember being pretty fun.

Oh man, I played the shit out of this game as a kid. And the music! One of my favorites.

Next should be Contra and Battle Toads and then my nostalgia tank will be full.

To be clear, this is billed as a remastering, not as a sequel, so it’s supposed to be fundamentally the same as the original.

Battletoads! Yes!

Also, Snake, Rattle & Roll. Horrifically underrated game.

Okay, I can buy that.

Moon level theme song is one of the best 8-bit masterpieces ever :smiley:

I can’t wait to hear the moon theme again!

Has time eroded your memories of the Turbo Tunnel? I never want to play that game ever again!

Arrgh, the Terra Tubes.

Stupid eels.

It’s dumb that they’re changing the art design and music. No Nintendo has deep enough gameplay to stand up to the standards of 2013, except maybe Tetris.

I actually just got around to beating the original. One of the best NES games ever.

Warms my crankled old heart to see some love for this classic. Not sure if I’m interested in playing it again, though - I’m afraid that it won’t live up to my memory of playing it as a 9 year old kid.

Also, Duck Tales the cartoon was one of the very best of its era. The formula was given a lot of breathing room, and the wide variety of adventures and characters that came into play was fantastic.

It wasn’t originally an NES game, but Elite is as deep as any game since. Except the GTAs.