Easy way to find a list of threads I'm watching/tracking?

Topic subject pretty much says it all.

Is there a link/page/point where I can find all of the threads I’m watching and/or tracking? Ideally, I’d like to turn a few of them off, since they’re old or I’m not really following them anymore.

. . . that, and I think @discobot is still effing with me.

I know I could wait a few weeks’ time and go to the “Dismiss” button on the ‘Unread’ link. But I can’t seem to stay away that long.

Tripler
I still hate yer silicon guts, @Discobot.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

https://boards.straightdope.com/latest?state=tracking

Sweet–thank you!

Trip
Now, to figure out how to turn some of them “off.”

Bumping an old-ish thread. I don’t think it’s a zombie, 'cause the corpse is just over 6 months old and still technically warm. :skull:

Is there a straightforward, simple way to “mass un-track” threads? Is there some settings page or dialog that lists all of my watched/tracked threads, allowing me to individually select threads to unwatch/untrack (something maybe with checkboxes)?

There seems to be a lot of them I’m signed up for, that are either cornfielded/zombified/no longer interesting. I’d be interested in cleaning up the mess. If it doesn’t exist, could I recommend the option?

Tripler
I’m all about checkboxes and messes.

On the main page click on ‘Unread’. That will give you a list of all watching and tracking threads that have posts waiting to be read.

You can then click ‘Dismiss…’ and it will ask you if you want to stop watching / tracking all of them. (If you don’t, it will clear all the unread messages, but still keep watching / tracking.)

Or – just above the list of threads, you can click on ‘Topic’ . It will then show checkboxes next to each one and you can choose which ones you want to dismiss.

This is a start, but what about the threads that are not unread? Isn’t there an easier way than using @crowmanyclouds’s link above to individually go through each thread to unwatch/untrack? For example, there are threads I don’t have any interest in, that are tracked, solely from the misfortune of glancing at them too long, or having them on my screen while I stepped away for coffee or a phone call.

We won the Cold War, and put a man on the Moon. There’s gotta be a way to do this.

Tripler
Less coffee is not an option either. :coffee:

I don’t know of any way. But at least you can get a lot of them the way that I mentioned.

You can set the length of time, or switch that off, in your profile under Preferences → Notifications.

The system is, thankfully, far more precise than that – you have to be actively scrolling for it to be considered live reading time.

I stand corrected!

Trip