Egg-cooking gadgets

Not that this thread needs any more Rollie review videos but I’ve recently found this guys channel and feel motivated to share it. BOLTR: Rollie | Fleshlight for Eggs

(OT: Many people tore the Juicero apart verbally, this guy tore one apart physically.)

Agreed. You can get the anova to do a somewhat reasonable job with hardboiled eggs but it requires bringing a pot up to a rolling boil on the stove, cooking the eggs in the pot for 3 minutes followed by a good minute or so in an ice bath and then into the sous vide for 45 minutes. No thank you.

Following up my own post as I’ve now had time to watch a couple of other reviews of egg-related gadgets on this channel:
[ul]
[li]Electric egg scrambler - scrambles the egg in its shell using a spinning needle. It works, but why? Also, piercing the eggshell with the needle is kinda scary.[/li][li]Eggstractor egg peeling gadget - place an unpeeled hard-boiled egg inside and it’s supposed to poop out a nice, shelled egg. It sorta, kinda works. Her first attempt at using the device was a hilarious semi-fail.[/li][li]Eggies - hard boil eggs without the shell. She compared this gadget with her own technique of hard boiling eggs. Ultimately, it seems easier to just peel eggs rather than using this device plus the eggs look better and there’s less cleanup.[/li][/ul]

I have one of these cheap microwave egg poachers; took a bit of experimentation to find the right combination of water to use, timing of the microwave, et cetera, but I’ve got it pretty much figured out by now, and I can adjust to make truly poached style or what are essentially hard-boiled eggs with it.