Yep. But honestly, no harder than properly timed hard boiled eggs. Which my wife insists is: bring to boil, flame off, cover, and let stand for 12 mins.
I’ve done eggs for 45 minutes in the pressure cooker. The whites end up getting browned, but it’s not from getting burned. They brown in the same way meat does when you cook it. It tastes pretty good. Gives the eggs more of a savory taste. I’m not sure if the same thing can be done on the cooktop in boiling water. What do your eggs taste like compared to normal boiled eggs?
Grated fairly fine, I bet those 30-min eggs would make excellent egg salad. Halfnhalf mayonnaise and plain yogurt dressing, with seasonings and finely diced vegetables, let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so before spreading on firm bread or a chewy roll, maybe with lettuce and tomato. Yum!
The way I do them is once the water starts to boil you put a lid on the pot and stop the heat and let them sit 15-20 minutes. Then hit them with cold water. Works well and usually easy to peel.