El Mariachi vs. The Punisher

…no, not the movies. The characters.

One is the suave, dashing, but reluctant and all too human gunslinger. Roaming Mexico with a guitar case full of weapons in his quest for vengeance.

The other is the gruff and gritty vigilante of the Marvel comics universe, roaming the Earth in his quest to rout crime, and punish the guilty.

And please, gentlemen…there will be no 1920’s-style death rays in this fight. (We wouldn’t want things to get silly)

“Crotch guns” and “Death’s Head” kevlar shirts are, of course, completely acceptable.

There’s a Punisher movie?

I think the Punisher put it best in the first issue of his latest series where he took out a very successful sniper from the Gulf War.

“He may be good…but he wasn’t in Nam.”

Punisher, hands down.

So, the Punisher is an old man who lost the war? :smiley:

Seriously, I fail to see what being experienced in Jungle warfare has to do with fighting criminals (or another vigilante) in an urban environment. Too close to call, but I think Punisher has more “gadgets”, as well as weapons, so he wins.

Yeah, it was made with Dolph Lundgren back in the 80’s. It was pretty bad, but the action was allright.

Close combat, lots of hiding holes, plenty of sneak attack opportunties.

There’s going to be a new Punisher movie coming out soon. I think it’s staring the guy who played Carter in Deep Blue Sea.

Isn’t there another Punisher movie coming out soon?

Coming out in February 2004, starring Thomas Jane from Deep Blue Sea and Dreamcatcher. John Travolta is supposed to play the villain, and I think the script is heavily based on Garth Ennis’ Punisher comics of the last few years.

I just looked at some of the images for the new film, and although the Dolf one from the 80’s was pretty damn bad, I think they made the right decision when it came to taking out the skull from the shirt. It may look good in the comics, but in real life…not so much.

Nothing will ever top the concept of El Mariachi

Suave (El) beats macho (Punisher) any day.

Thou shalt not speak of the Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie! :eek:

Thou shalt not speak of the Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie! :eek: