ELF and brain waves...technology to "control" minds?

I’ve been doing some reading on ELF radiation and the the effect that it can have on a persons brain waves.

It appears that there is a lot of research and experimentation in this area, specifically in the areas of deterrence, influence, and control of humans.

Do I stand alone here on the SDMB or are there others that are more than a little uncomfortable about the possibilities?

Comments?

Yes, I share your concerns for the possible applications of this technology.

I read somewhere that there are these massive radio emmitters in Alaska somewhere which have the ability to alter the weather and influence peoples behaviour. It’s supposed to work by heating the ionosphere and altering the distribution of ‘low’ and ‘high’ pressure areas which in turn alter the weather. The effects could, theroetically, include floods, hurricanes, tornados, fires and even earthquakes.

The article also stated that researchers at the sight noted that anything passing directly through the beam of EM waves would be instantly killed and the system also totally screws up migration patterns and the like. Further reseach indicated that if the EM waves were adjusted to a specific frequency, then they could be reflected off of the ionosphere into other parts of the world, where an area of radius up to 200 miles could be subjected to behaviour-altering effects. These could include encouraging riots, extreme lethargy or even, if necessary, mass-unconsciousness. I point out here that this is not what I have written, but merely what I have read. I do not necessarily agree with all of it, but I’ll put it here anyway for anyone who’s curious to read about. It’s probably all on the internet anyway.

That’s about all I can say on this since that’s just about all I know, but if anyone wants to enlighten me, they’re more than welcome to mail me (see profile).

“Now be quiet before I rather clumsily knight you with this meat cleaver” - Edmund Blackadder

The Transmission Technology Branch of the Navy’s page on HAARP:

http://w3.nrl.navy.mil/projects/haarp/gen.html

An excerpt from “Angels don’t play this HAARP,” one of the more, uh, rational (maybe that’s not the right word; what I’m trying to say is they’re not obviously screamingly insane) “HAARP as doomsday machine” bits of writing:

http://www.xyz.net/~nohaarp/pandora.htm

In a nutshell-
-TTB version: Hey, we’re just studying the ionosphere. Maybe we can use it for communications and neato stuff like that.
-Paranoid version, as seen on approx. 12 billion web pages: It fries your brain! And controls it too! And kills things! And might disrupt the magnetic fluctuation thingies resulting in the utter destruction of the planet earth! Seriously!

Hope this helps.

Krispy, would you please site your sources for the claims presented above? I would like to see the evidence before I comment on such claims.

Krispy, would you explain a bit more about your basic question? I am restraining myself from bad jokes of the sort that ELF radiation’s effect on brain waves is to subliminally make you want to buy Keebler products. I think there is some strong evidence for low-grade effects on human health generally from concentrated electromagnetic fields (e.g., 765kV power lines); I would be singularly surprised if the brain was not among the organs most affected, in view of its electrochemical mode of operation. But I’d like more background before any serious commenting.

I read somewhere,of course,I can’t remember,that some scientists had created waves that if “played” would make a person involuntarily poop. I can only imagine what would happen if this got into the hands of high school students! :slight_smile:

That story would be about low frequency sound waves. I seem to remember some past discussion of this tangent subject, but I can’t find it at the moment…

Actually, there IS said to be an ELF facility in that neck of the woods (or at least that quadrant of the planet), which is operated for the express purpose of remotely acting upon the minds of people the world over with the intent of altering their behavior. In addition the facility has been accused of manufacturing and distributing ingestible products which, while pleasant to look at and to consume, contain substances that have been shown to be addictive, and when taken in sufficient quantities, deleterious to the physical health of the user (in a myriad of ways).

Oddly enough, while it is extremely difficult to obtain reliable documentary evidence for the exact placement of the facility or for its alleged physical characteristics (there are few, if any verifiable photographs), its existence is accepted by a significant percentage of the world’s population. Very few of these people (who accept as valid the existence of the facility) could be accurately described as mentally deficient or willfully ignorant. Perhaps even more oddly, NO significant percentage of the population, even knowing of its stated mission, sees this facility as posing any serious threat to (in the USA) our way of life, or to our precious freedoms, or to the continuation of the established political, social, or economic orders of ANY nation throughout the world. Indeed, the likeliest targets of this ELF facility usually appear to be be eager to modify their behavior patterns to bring themselves into alignment with its purposes. To be sure, such eagerness is usually manifested when certain visual and/or aural cues are displayed, either overtly or subliminally through sensory saturation.

You’d think that this would be the very type of thing that the guardians of truth should be telling us we’d better watch out for.

But, no. The facility is allowed to operate without serious challenge by anyone. Its existence and the furtherance of its purpose are casually discussed in private homes, and even touted as laudable concepts in centers of commerce the world over.

But I guess I better not cry “Conspiracy” too loudly in this forum. There’s always the chance that I’m being watched by an agent of the ELF facility, and I’ve heard that there is a very thorough and carefully checked list kept there, which carries the promise of various sanctions to be taken in response to one’s appearance on the wrong side of this list.

'tis the season . . .