Elf on the Shelf during Quarantine

I really don’t understand the appeal of these little demons. To me they seem like miniature versions of the Weeping Angels, only slightly cuter.

The second picture on the webpage is priceless, and I’m sure it sums up a lot of peoples’ feelings about Satan’s Helper (sic)

We use a Belsnickel doll.

I thought that was just some bullshit made up for Dwight Schrute’s oddball character on The Office. My wife’s family is from that area of Eastern PA / Northern NJ and apparently a lot of his nonsense is actual stuff.

Besides, aren’t they spies looking for a reason to get the kids in trouble?

They always make me think of a Troll in the Bowl, who criticizes our bathroom habits. And the Elf really isn’t much creepier than the Troll.

I think the time to Put the Elf Down is in the store.

I saw a Facebook post that said, “First, we had the Elf On The Shelf. And now, this.” The picture showed the Mandalorian atop a certain stainless steel car.

My mother would move around a Pokey (Gumby’s horse) every time we brought our kids over, all year long.

The kids loved it and eventually asked to take it home with them where they moved it around themselves. It became more of a hide & seek game at that point. Sometimes Pokey would go missing for weeks then be found on the top of a ceiling fan or some other crazy place.

At my Moms independent living place they are doing the Elf on the shelf for the residents. No one is in allowed in the facility that doesn’t work or live there. Probably something for the residents to do. She asked us about it. I am clueless.