Elijah Wood, the anti-photographer

The “Life Magazine” insert in the paper the other day had a spread on celebrities who also like to take photos as a hobby. On the cover was Mr. Frodo, and some of his pics were inside.

Ya know, serious glasses and a Hasselblad don’t a photographer make. Those were the lamest excuses I’ve seen. I believe that all actors should be required to sign a contract with the public that says they will self-immolate if they venture into any other field, whether it be politics, photography or wild game hunting.

That’s pretty harsh, even if the photos suck. Not everyone can be Ansel Adams. At least we aren’t forced to buy the things.

Hell, he’s not even Gomez Adams. I don’t care if someone has a hobby, but this mag is pimping him out as some sort of artist with a camera, which he is clearly not. I like the kid as an actor and am a big fan of LOTR, but, you know, dang.

I betcha Gomez Addams was a good photographer. He seemed like the artsy type.

Well, Gomez did have that certain je ne sais quoi.

Oh my God, that’s FRENCH!

No doubt that Cecil Adams is a photography God.

You know, it annoys the hell outta me that people use the name of one character he’s played as an derisive putdown. He’s a good actor and has other roles as well including good turns in Sin City and Eternal Sunshine …. When I see someone dismiss a person the way you’ve done here, it makes me think someone might be a tad bit jealous.

What, and you’re NOT jealous of Elijah Wood? Bastard got to be Frodo! I’d cut my legs off at the kneecaps for the opportunity.

Daniel

::gollum

My PRESS! SHOUSH!

Booo!!!

You could still shoot them off and play Cotton Hill.

Possibly irrelevant tangent…

Viggo Mortensen is apparantly a bit of a photo-artist . There’s a story (no. 06 part way down the page) about him going for a walk in the woods near one of the LOTR film sets and getting lost. By nightfall he was completely disoriented and had no light. Except… he had a camera, and took a bunch of photos just so the flash would illuminate his path, and he stumbled his way back to civilization.

thwartme

No, but Wood does pal around with the son of Gomez Addams

Does anyone have a link to Wood’s pics?

What was so bad about them?

Because that would have saved the world the horror that was Ambassador Shirley Temple Black, right?

Oh, cry us a river. Poor Elijah Wood. He’ll have to comfort himself with his gigantic piles of money.

If someone doesn’t want to be known by a role, they shouldn’t get into acting. I doubt Mr. Wood is as bothered by a little pop culture reference as you seem to be.